Cheap Freight From the USA

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Cheap Freight From the USA

Post by ged »

Yep, that's true but we pay gst every single time we put our hands in our pockets, which is additional to all the income tax that we pay as well.

My beef has been that eBay has always booked its Australian revenue as being earned from Singapore and therefore not taxable in Australia. They've never paid any tax on their earnings since they started here. If they're collecting GST now, they can't argue that the revenue isn't earned in Australia, so theoretically, they should start paying bloody income tax too.

I take your point though Jon, like bank levies or whatever else, we'll ultimately pay for it.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Cheap Freight From the USA

Post by JonW »

no what i meant was that ebay still makes the same, they just charge us extra to cover it.

It also does beg the question, that if ebay is an offshore biz, then we will actually need to pay GST on stuff we buy from folks in Aus, as the sale went through ebay.

And...

Anyone shop at Wemoto? well if you do they are already charging GST on your stuff... including the postage. which seems very wrong.

youd be better buying the same parts at other places, ie yambits who havent got their system sorted yet...