crank case inducted rz350?? or tzr350

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

crank case inducted rz350?? or tzr350

Post by twinrock101 »

I just completed a project where i put a bigbore yamaha blaster quad bike cylinder which is piston port , like rz, on a dt200r bottom end which is crank case inducted , like tzr250.. with great results. I basically filled the inlet reed cage with liquid metal. The stroke and stud pattern were exactly the same so all was pretty easy..and even though it was aircooled and no power valved the revised port design and increase in capacity transformed the motor..with a great boost in power..so i have proved it works
So then this got me thinking..could the same thing be done on a tzr..ive always loved tzrs..but they just lack the grunt of the rz350.
Now the thought would be a tzr motor with banshee top end.... now being a twin there may simply not be enough room and the 4mm difference in stroke would need to be addressed..but a light 60 plus hpr tzr with a big torque curve would be a great thing..
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: crank case inducted rz350?? or tzr350

Post by Greasemeup »

Inspired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mboddy
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by mboddy »

My TZR250 2XT has 60+ HP and good power from 7,000 to 11,500.
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

good work thinking outside the box and making the blaster cylinder work on the dt. don't think you'll have the room on a tzr.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Saw this beast the other day and got me thinking about what Justin said here. I was thinking with this that if you could do it with LC cyls as the stud spacing means you could reverse the cyls on the TZR and you might be able to point the pipes out the back as well as they'd pass over the carbs perhaps? The RZs the better cylinder tho... maybe im just making it more difficult lol.
twinrock101
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by twinrock101 »

Hey Jon I like that idea.. I was also thinking u could use dt175 cylinders they are the same stroke and the same height as the tzr cylinder.. No need to mess with water jackets and power valves.. Could port them to it175 specs.. And would still net u 350 cc.. I'm not sure u would better the actual hpr figure of the tzr but torque would surely be I'm proved.. It's fun to think about this stuff..