GT suckers?

Topics regarding Suzuki 2Strokes
Gt185felix

Re: GT suckers?

Post by Gt185felix »

That's real funny guys, as both of these items are my two favourite hobbies. So the bike is mine and the horse float is mine. Hubby is not interested at all in either of these two things. Maybe if it was a Winchester or Weatherby he would be drooling over it. Cheers. :)
Restless Heart
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Post by Restless Heart »

I have just started a new project based on a Barn Find 1971 T350 which I plan to race here in NZ in the Classic 70's pre 72 class, using the original frame and engine with the front end, wheels and swing arm from a benelli.
Any advice on how to set the bike up, engine rebuild, porting, chamber design etc will be much appreciated.
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Oh dear heart I'm a bit restless thinking of the tasty Benelli that got split to go into this project! :help:
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Restless Heart wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:06 pm I have just started a new project based on a Barn Find 1971 T350 which I plan to race here in NZ in the Classic 70's pre 72 class, using the original frame and engine with the front end, wheels and swing arm from a benelli.
Any advice on how to set the bike up, engine rebuild, porting, chamber design etc will be much appreciated.
1/ Join a NZ Classic Road Racing club. Talk to members and ask around etc etc. I think picking up local advice and contacts would be the way to go. If you haven't got a well developed bullshit meter you will have to develop one pronto. :P Find out the local comp rules; flatslides in or out etc.

2/ The T350 is a great basis. I know they are a great handling bike that make good power stock and can be feted from there. I'm not sure of the advantages of the Benelli running gear or the aggravation of swapping over but I would start with the standard T350 with gold valves and modern shock and only change as necessary.

3/ The T350 is a 315cc and I'm not certain if capacity can be changed that much. I'm guessing there is some built in limitation such as wall thickness and/or distances between the centers of the 250's bores in the cases.

4/ 2t Institute on here might pipe up with some specific advice about porting and pipes. I suggest you do these items as a job lot and in coordination (add in the ign as well). 2t tech and porting knowledge as come a long way in 50 years and it is probably better to talk to and pay experts rather than muck with it yourself. The experts need metal to work with and if you have already removed it in a misguided attempt you'l might make it harder or impossible to change.

5/ Your local MX mechanic/tuner might be a source of info.

Good luck, go the twoee :twisted:
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916