Never Give Up!

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Never Give Up!

Post by pkay »

I spent a lovely Sunday in the garage this weekend. One of the bikes that was due for some TLC was the RZ500. Gearbox oil change (what a clever arrangement that is) and a quick run around the block to blow out the cobwebs (literally as the little bastards seem to get in everywhere). Kicking away like a goose (almost as bad to start after an inactive period as my NSR250) and couldn't get a bite. Took out the front plugs and cleaned them still nothing. Took off the tank and cleaned the back ones - bang first kick. Warmed up then a couple laps of the block - OMG crack the throttle and when the powervalves come in - I'm still grinning as I type this. Found myself leaning over the tank to keep the front wheel down. So Monday have a sore leg but happy as!! As for the other two I couldn't get started, they were four strokes so boring!!
Ozhammer
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Never Give Up!

Post by Ozhammer »

Glad you got it sorted pkay, whilst I know it’s part of the deal with owning old strokers, it is frustrating when a planned or spontaneous ride turns into an unplanned fettling session. 8O
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

In the winter months as I become more of an old soft appendage the bikes get used less and less which of course translates into more temperamental fettling moments when one gets dragged from the bowels of the garage. Yes when fettling around becomes f*cking around to now useful outcome it is time to go back inside and have a nice warm cuppa!!
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

That reminds me... I need to get mine out to get it registered. Pretty sure the last time I rode it was to do the same thing.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's