Need a trustworthy bike mech

Forum for general 2Stroke technical chat. Port design, pipe design, ignition control...
Salty55

Need a trustworthy bike mech

Post by Salty55 »

All, recently purchased a 73 RD350. Guy told me it had a very recent rebore but it’s underpowered for an RD. Compression test tells me she is down to nearly 50psi in both pots whereas I think it should be 110 to 150 ish?. At least they are even... had a quick look at the barrels and only very minimal score marks in both pots. Haven’t yet measured the ring end gap but suspect they will be well worn. Can still see honing marks clearly so suspect the cheap B did a quick hone and put old rings back in..... Also noticed someone has had a crack at porting or a light polishing in the intake ports.
I’m keen to get an experienced person to take a look at the barrels to see if a hone will do with new rings verse reborn. Also I know zip about porting so need to ensure the last guy hasn’t buggered the ports and if so is it repairable.
Very keen on recommendations of quality mech to take a look if anyone has suggestions.
Need to get this right before I get into timing and jetting
I’m in Townsville but happy to post parts as required. I’m not chasing freebies, just solid advice and work as required.
Thanks in advance