Yamaha CT3 175 Resto

Post your Project Bike threads here.
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Yamaha CT3 175 Resto

Post by Gavin »

Hi folks,
Thought I'd start a thread about a side project I picked up a while back. It's an early 70's Enduro that has seen better days. Not quite the collector status but I find it appealing for reasons unknown. Maybe the simplicity. There's a few things wrong with it but I'll deal with each one as it comes up. I'll probably strip it and get the frame painted while I do the engine.
Not many around Sydney but loads of good condition, relatively cheap ones in the US. Again, Partzilla to the rescue.

Before Pics....

and what a mint one looks like

On a side note, I took the RZ for it's first real outing on the weekend. Called in at the Ulysses show n shine up at Brooklyn and took home a prize. I actually just parked alongside the other members bikes and hadn't realized that I had entered.
86 RZ250F restored. 84 RZ500 rebuild in progress, 73 CT3 in progress
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Yamaha CT3 175 Resto

Post by Gavin »

Yeah,
Attracted a fair bit of scrutineering at the pie shop as well. Great conversation starter.
Still some small jobs I'd like to go back and do properly when I get the time though.

86 RZ250F restored. 84 RZ500 rebuild in progress, 73 CT3 in progress
Ozhammer
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Yamaha CT3 175 Resto

Post by Ozhammer »

I like both of them, thanks for sharing the photos Gavin. Makes me feel bad that I haven’t got anywhere near my own 1WT project but I have 3 aircooled projects to get through before I can even think about that.