Veteran Stroker

RZ500 parts

Post by JonW »

Looking for a couple of parts for my 500 restoration build:

- SORTD BOUGHT A NEW ONE - Stone guard - OEM version only

- STILL LOOKING FOR:
- Any Fairing panels - plastic OEM version only
- single seat hump - plastic OEM version only

Note: I have both these parts, but they are damaged quite badly and while i could repair them, Id prefer to start with some that are better... I also have a GRP single seat cover unit and a broken OEM unit, but would rather use a better condition OEM part if i can find one.

...And any other parts you might have gathering dust that Ive not noticed are missing or need replacing yet lol!
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: RZ500 parts

Post by Gavin »

That stone guard is a rare piece but one will turn up in the usual places.
I have an assortment of fairing panels (all OEM plastic) but tbh I'm waiting on getting a complete set done, then I'll let go whatever the paint shop don't use, so maybe not your usual quality.
Didn't know you were doing a 500. Couldn't see anything on your site?

I also have a complete set of Chinese plastics. They look good but haven't tried to fit them yet. My 500 went on the back burner. I picked up a CT 175 that I thought would be a quick resto....oh hum..
86 RZ250F restored. 84 RZ500 rebuild in progress, 73 CT3 in progress
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Yeah, Ive ended up getting a new one. I did get a bracket from the guy whos making new ones, not cheap but a perfect copy, phew.

I'm interested to see what yours are like Gavin, they might well be better than mine, you never know.

Ive seen the Chinese plastics but not heard good things and my own experience (with an RGV) was just awful.

Ohhh a CT175... I'll check the thread!
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Gavin »

Let me know if you are ordering any bits from o/s for the 500. I was going to order some of the foam o-rings for the elephant ears, but I'm now thinking of ditching them and getting K&N type foam because there is 2 long bolts missing that are hard to find or about $60ea.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I bought the foam rings as part of a kit from a guy in Austria that has all the foam parts in it, was a good deal and hes a nice guy.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I might have those two long bolts somewhere in my stash. I'm in Canberra for a few days, but I can have a look when I get back. From memory, they actually have a phillips head on the end?
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Gavin »

That’s the ones. I’d be grateful if you can have a look. Been waiting for a set to come up. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Are these the ones?

Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Gavin »

ooooh, the legendary 'unobtainium' . Yes indeed :)

I was thinking of going this way so I can strip off the large plastic air boxes and the heat shields but if you are selling those bolts I'm interested too.

hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yeah they are a nice setup.
I'm not an "original" guy, so chances are I will never use the bolts.

Maybe work out which way you're going to go first.
I'd like to see these go to someone who needs them for a standard setup since they're getting hard to find (like a bunch of other 500 parts).
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Lol, well looks like my thread is a winner, but not for me... Anyone got the bits I need gathering dust? :)
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Most of my stuff went with the frame a long time ago. Just happened to have a box of bolts and other small bits hanging around.
Gavin
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Gavin »

Just missed out on 2 good condition panels in California. Once you factor in the cost of plastic repairs, missing tabs, patching, paint and fastners you can see how these items go for such a high price. I might be a while before I can offer up my surplus but I'll be in touch when the time comes. Would love to drop by one Sunday after PITS and compare notes.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

No worries, not a dig at all Jeff, Im glad Gavin got sorted.

Gavin, No worries I can refurb my originals of course for little cost really other than paint. I have no problem repairing the panels but Ive got to remove the old repairs first and that is never fun, hence me looking for better versions. Paint is never cheap, but fasteners arent too bad (I got them from speedyfasteners in the uk who sell a stainless version of the bolts for sensible money), luckily I have enough clips on my panels and old 500 and 250/350 stash and they rezinc'd up lovely. Maybe I'll just do the work, was hoping to save a bit of time... Perhaps I should just push the 500 to the back of the project queue and work on something else instead and see if time brings parts out of sheds, its not like Im stuck for work to do on other bikes lol. :)