SORTED! Looking for someone who is a non-bike electronics hobbyist

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

SORTED! Looking for someone who is a non-bike electronics hobbyist

Post by JonW »

Ive had a NIXIE clock running for 15 years and I fear that the power supply has failed. It still lights the clock but the digits dont move. So assumed it was not putting out enough power and when I pulled the power I found that the mains plugged power supply had overheated and has some kind of crystals forming inside the melted case. 8O

The guy I bought it from cant help me, he had some local chap in Germany make the clocks it seems, and suggested I try to find a hobbyist or repair cafe but I have no idea about such things and while im ok with bike electrics this is probably beyond me as from what I can tell on the net these clocks require something like 170+ volts so this is a high voltage circuit that runs 24/7 and best tackled by someone who is quite comfortable with that kind of circuit.

Can you, or anyone you know, help me sort this one or a new one out?
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Looking for someone who is a non-bike electronics hobbyist

Post by OzzyElsie »

This would be right up the alley for my mate Darkie but unfortunately he is retired and bobbing around the Caribbean on his yot.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916