Best fuel choice

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
Ozhammer
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Best fuel choice

Post by Ozhammer »

Hey guys, I just thought I would seek some opinions on what grade of fuel is considered most suitable for our 30-40 year old strokers these days.

I have been running mine on 98RON, as I read on a UK forum that was the best option but more recently I have read other opinions that 95RON is just as suitable if not better, so does anyone have a view on this that they care to share?

TIA
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Best fuel choice

Post by JonW »

I have a mate who swears his bikes run better on 95 and has downgraded to that from 98.

I use 98, but its not like my bikes go anywhere these days lol
Jethro5
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Jethro5 »

There is no advantage using premium on a standard (read low compression ratio) motor. If the motor is designed for 95 or 98 then you should use it. There is a lot of marketing around 95 and 98 because the margins are better. All grades are blended from similar blend stocks. Don’t use E10 however as it can absorb water. Particularly bad on a bike that sits for periods of time.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

In a modern car, especially one with performance, you will defo improve its running and milage with 98. Our old bikes, well... probably not.

I didnt say, but i always use 98 as thats all i ever have in a jerry can at home.

Defo dont use anything with any Ethanol as jethro says, its the devils work.