RD250LC or 350 frame? LC engine? unfinished project? WHY?!

Looking for a part?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

RD250LC or 350 frame? LC engine? unfinished project? WHY?!

Post by JonW »

I'm ideally looking for an RD LC frame, I dont mind if its either 350 or 250, with or without and engine... but would consider a project that someone has stalled with if it was cheap?

What Have You?

(I should state that this needs to be in Australia as it needs to be an Aussie complied frame for road use)
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: LC frame and engine? unfinished project?

Post by JonW »

If you find one of these at the back of your shed/garage or stored under your house over the xmas period and are not sure what to do with it, do drop me a message :)
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: LC frame? LC engine? unfinished project? WHY?!

Post by JonW »

Still looking for one of these...

Anyone still got one that when they last saw this ad they thought 'nah, I'll get round to doing mine up...' But in the intervening months its just sat unloved in the shed? If so... drop me a line, I'm still looking...
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: RD250LC or 350 frame? LC engine? unfinished project? WHY?!

Post by BRG1200 »

We’ve probably all reached that “Gollum” state of mind. I have s mate, same (50ish) age as me who just hoovers up all kinds of shit, it never sees the light of day again.
I am semi guilty, but finally got one proj (LC) back as a daily rider and when a few hundred bucks come free the next one (DT175) will follow it, then the third(RZ)
BUT, there’s all sorts I’d hoover up if I could…
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Well I really hope that isnt the case. If people are just buying this stuff and sticking it in their lofts then thats pretty sad for the bikes themselves. At this point there are people keen to build them into bikes and there are parts around, but that wont always be the case.

I do have project bikes still to do, but when those are done Id like to have the next one lined up as well. I did say no more LCs, but I have 'one more in me' and im almost happy to to resto a 250 just to see what its like with its single disk and less powerful engine. That or Id do one with some trick bits, but more 'back in the day' sort of setup etc. Either of these would gel with my other LCs. I do love these bikes and would not be selling any of them.
mboddy
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by mboddy »

We should talk soon.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Here we are 1/3 way through '22 and prices of LCs seem to be wavering now as inflation bites at the coat tails of the used bike market... or something...

Anyway, I'm still after an LC frame... I probably cant afford someone's half done project if im honest lol

If you have one and are not sure you want to sell cos you dont want to see someone make a motsa (if thats even possible with the price of LC parts now), well take heart that im not about to turn a cheap frame into a big money bike and sell it and make you feel bad, I build projects for me and not for others.