New guy here

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
matty
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

New guy here

Post by matty »

Hey Hybrid,
I finally got around to registering. Nice little site you've got here, I'll be spreading the word down here.
I really love what you've done with your 500, I saw you rode it down to PI, did you get the fuel injection dialed in fully?
I'll be checking in often.

Matty.
w3a51l
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Re: New guy here

Post by w3a51l »

Welcome aboard matty.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Hi Matty,
thanks for the comments about the site. I thought it was about time we had our own place for local issues!

The injection wasn't dialled in too well for last years PI trip, but it was good enough. I did have issues coming out of PI in all the traffic. I think I was losing fuel pressure, but I'm not really sure exactly what was going on with it. Fuel pump overheating or something maybe. I never did figure it out. Since I fixed the balancer shaft and put everything back together though, it has seemed fine since.

Its tuned a lot better now at low throttle openings, so hopefully all will be good when we head down again this year.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
ash33
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by ash33 »

Hey all!

I notice there are quite a few old serial forum faces here already, like lozza he must have over 1 million forum user names by now :wink:

And don't worry I only make trouble on the RGV forum coz' ........ well, better left unsaid I think.