Scum bag alert

Need some help using the website?
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Scum bag alert

Post by EPApolice »

I am sure everyone has seen the scamming posts on here for watches etc. Well yesterday I received two emails in response to ads I posted in the classified section of this site. One for an RG250 for sale in Italy clearly a scam. Another for parts for both the X5 and the RX 125 from the UK. Not as obvious as the Italian one but I asked on the aircooled site if anyone had come across him before and the scam was comfirmed.
Is there anyway to block these scumbags from accessing the site?
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scum bag alert

Post by hybrid »

It's hard to have a public forum and lock out scum. I don't think the spam and your emails are related. The spam is usually done by an automated bot.

I've cleaned up the spam, but made a mistake in the process, so if you notice a topic, or a post that seems to be missing, please give me the details.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I have just put a background image behind the security code, so hopefully that will make it harder for the bots to break the code.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

The emails are a reply to ads I posted only in the classified section of this forum. I realise it is a hard thing to do but anything that stops these pests has to be good.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

We can make the classifieds only viewable to members, but if they take the time to read the ads and send replies, then they will take the time to sign up too.

Also, make sure you hide your email address in your profile. It should never be viewable, or it can be picked up by bots scouring for email addresses to add to spam lists.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Could engage the scammers as wasting their time is the best defence. A fillerbustering campaign works very well wastes more of their time than yours.