Jets

Topics regarding Suzuki 2Strokes
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: Jets

Post by wheels999 »

Twosmoker wrote:It's interesting to hear how you're getting on with it, EPA.
That blocked breather hose was a good find! As Markus says, they were jetted on the rich side at 135 compared to the 500's 120 jets, so I would try going down to 130 125, or 120 as it's still on the standard jetting to see what difference that makes.

I'd be very interested to hear, as I've just bought an RG400 to go with my other 2smokers. The first thing I'll do is try a 125 jet to see how much this leans it up and probably drop the needles by 1 notch too to see if going leaner gains power.

It would've been good to join you for that blast near Wollongong on Sun, but I won't be picking mine up until the next weekend now. I can't wait! :lol:

Enjoy the ride & keep us posted!

Cheers, Paul.
Awesome! I hope to have a 500 on the road by summer... will definately be up for rides.

Cheers, Markus.
Twosmoker

Post by Twosmoker »

Yea, that'd be great Markus.

Hopefully you'll have the 500 back on the road soon. It'd be good to go for a blast sometime. When I get the RG I think I'll be out on it for at least a week!

I just PM'd you about that RZ5 that you had for sale, by the way. Have you still got it? If so, how much are you asking for it?

Cheers,
Paul.
RD350LC
RZ350
RG400
CRE500
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

Twosmoker wrote:Yea, that'd be great Markus.

Hopefully you'll have the 500 back on the road soon. It'd be good to go for a blast sometime. When I get the RG I think I'll be out on it for at least a week!

I just PM'd you about that RZ5 that you had for sale, by the way. Have you still got it? If so, how much are you asking for it?

Cheers,
Paul.
PM sent.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Nice bike was that the one Scotts were selling. I prefer the black ones to the blue ones. I will keep you posted on progress.
HM31A
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by HM31A »

Twosmoker wrote:It's interesting to hear how you're getting on with it, Pat.

I'd be very interested to hear, as I've just bought an RG400 to go with my other 2smokers. The first thing I'll do is try 125 jets to see how much this leans it up and probably drop the needles by 1 notch too to see if going leaner gains power.

It would've been good to join you for that blast near Wollongong on Sun, but I won't be picking mine up until the next weekend now. I can't wait! :lol:

Enjoy the ride & keep us posted!

Cheers, Paul.

paul
is this the bike that was on ebay at a bike shop?

how is it running
3rd Blue Haze Ride Sunday 10th November 2013
Smokers Day Out
www.japbikeshow.com.au
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Time for an update. After trying everything I had to bite the bullet and rip out the motor and strip it. It was a good thing too as there was a few issues with it. Two head studs were missing from the front head and had been missing for a long time. The front cylinders were giving the grief. A few washers were missing inside the motor and a few o rings were missing. Also one of the rear cylinder plug holes had been helicoiled and this broke of course.
The cranks are getting rebulit now and all the parts have arrived so the rebulid will be on next week.
Its hard to believe it ran at all.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Cranks back and put in a few weeks ago and it was better but still just about unrideable all through the range but at least I had four cylinders running now.
While I was raising the needles last week I ran it around the carpark at work without the intake scoops on therefore leaning it right out. It ran way better with heaps more power.
So I ordered some jets and started stepping it down. 135 standard so I went 130s first. It was better but still not right. Then 125s and it is just about right. I have 120s also but dont want to go too far and I reckon I could get it better playing with the neddles and mixture screws.
So to recap I had the follow problems
blocked vent hose because it had melted
missing head studs
missing o rings and missing washers in the motor.
Twosmoker

Post by Twosmoker »

I've just seen your replies, guys, so apologies that I caught a dose of SARS (Slack Arse Response Syndrome!).
EPApolice wrote:Nice bike was that the one Scotts were selling. I prefer the black ones to the blue ones. I will keep you posted on progress.
Thanks Pat. Yea, it is the one that Scotts were selling. I got Luke to throw in a sprayed bellypan & seat cowl with it, so I really was pleased with the deal, seeing as he also gave me a receipt for $2100 that they'd spent on it!
HM31A wrote:paul is this the bike that was on ebay at a bike shop?
how is it running
Yea HM, it was on Ebay for a while as well. It running perfectly. I'm amazed how well they set it up.It's not like setting off an A-bomb when I start it, like it is with my LC! It kicks first time everytime. (It has front & rear WP suspenders too).

I've been on some really long blasts on it (including this year's Stinky Daze route) and am absolutely loving it. I forgot how much RGs like to drink though!

Here's an updated pic of it:
Attachments
rg400.jpg
rg400.jpg (70.56 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
Last edited by Twosmoker on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
RD350LC
RZ350
RG400
CRE500
Twosmoker

Post by Twosmoker »

EPApolice wrote:So I ordered some jets and started stepping it down. 135 standard so I went 130s first. It was better but still not right. Then 125s and it is just about right. I have 120s also but dont want to go too far and I reckon I could get it better playing with the neddles and mixture screws.
That's really interesting to hear, Pat. I'll give the 125s a go when I get the chance. I hope you manage to get it all sorted, so you can start blasting on it soon.

It sounds as though Markus is getting close to getting his RG/RZs running soon, so it'll be great to have more on the road.
RD350LC
RZ350
RG400
CRE500
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Yea its getting better all the time. I might try 122.5 as it is still just a fraction off but I think 120 might be too much. I have to admit that I was a bit unimpressed with the way it handled. But since I got it running better it has started to handle better. Speed cures all. It does like a drink however. When I had it at the creek a few weeks ago it was getting a fair bit of attention despite all the oily hand prints all over it.
There is no point in having these bikes just to look at you got to give them some.
Paul did you have any trouble with the RTA finding an RG400 in their specs. When I did mine they didnt have one in there and they made an entry in the system for RG400 for me. At least I can claim to have the first legit RG400 registered correctly in NSW.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

The Rg set up is pretty much identicale to the Gsxr which I have and it handles amazing.

Ant
Twosmoker

Post by Twosmoker »

It sounds as though you've done a great job to get it running that well, Pat.It'd be very satisfying after all that effort stripping the engine.It'll be interesting to hear how much of a difference the 122.5 makes, if you end up doing that. I wouldn't risk going as far as the 120, like you say. I'm amazed mine runs all right if it's still on the standard 135s, though I haven't checked them yet, so they've probably already been changed.

Hehe, I'd definitely agree that "speed cures all!". Yea, they love being nailed, though I would be a bit concerned holding it wide open all the way down the long straight at the Creek, as my LC had the habit of going "pop" when I did that!

Yea, they definitely get attention. When I was out on it last week, parked up, a guy on a CBR6 flew past, turned round to look at it & carried on straight into a bush!I couldn't believe it!Luckily he was alright. His bike wasn't looking too happy though.

There wasn't any problem getting it registered & them finding it in their database. It sounds like I have you to thank for that hassle-free process.(Though the guy didn't know what the engineering certificate was for!).

Anyway, we'll have to meet up for a blast sometime.I'll PM you with my email address so we can arrange one sometime.Unfortunately I won't be able to make the Stinky Daze this Sat either, but I hope everyone who does go has a great time.
RD350LC
RZ350
RG400
CRE500
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Handles amazing .... I dont think so. Have you ridden a modern bike Ant I mean anything built in the last ten fifteen years.
scrubber

Post by scrubber »

Went to #120 mains on my 400's.Tried #110 but ran hot,was summer on the North Coast N.S.W.Kept the original needles and needle jets.SCRUBBER.
scrubber

Post by scrubber »

Sorry for my slackness, I just read that EPApolice was the one who opened the RTA file on RG400's.Thanks mate ,they think that they weigh 215kg which makes them learner legal in N.S.W. which came as a shock when they sent my first renewal with L.A.M. notation on it. SCRUBBER. p.s. I wouldnt reccomend a learner trying one but someone trying to legalise their experience may find this loophole useful.