Differences between the RS250 models.

Forum for Aprilia Two Strokes
w3a51l
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Differences between the RS250 models.

Post by w3a51l »

Hi All,

Can someone detail for me the differences between the pre and post 98 models of the RS250?

I know the bodywork changed and I think the frame/swingarm did. Are the electrics interchangeable? I assume the engines are similar as there is not too much more to be got from the VJ22 Suzuki donk ( I hear :wink: ).

Was every model from '98 to '03 the same except the paint?

Cheers.
Hosewa
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Re: Differences between the RS250 models.

Post by Hosewa »

Yep, bodywork is the most noticeable difference but there's a lot of small things as well.

I'll have to check the workshop manual I have that is for both models, but off the top of my head, forks, front wheel (possibly rear as well) sizes, rear sub-frame, wiring loom and instrument cluster (the MK 1 uses as mechanical speedo drive off the front wheel.

Main frame, swingarm and engine are all the same between MK1 and MK2 and I'm sure there were no other changes apart from cosmetics after the MK2 was introduced.

If you need more info let me know and I'll get a list of definite changes together from the workshop manual.

Cheers
Cheers,

Mark
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

Front wheel on the MK1 is 3.0" on the MK2 its 3.5". Rear is the same as far as I know.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Biggest difference is the suspension >98 has full adjustable Showa's front and fully adjustable Sach's rear. <98 had Marzochi forks and a non-adjustbale Sach's rear.
The use a VJ22 engine with Aprilia cast into them, everything is interchangable