Graham's project

Topics regarding Suzuki 2Strokes
graham
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Graham's project

Post by graham »

Well folks, the project 8O ......... all the bits procured...... major parts roughed out, engine is built and ready to fit.

Oil tank & battery are actually on the bike in the pics but hidden from view.

I was looking for a clean minimalist look and good audio........, Motor is part way to TR750 tune, but limited to 7000 rpm both by porting and pipe, but it should have torque to spare, about 85bhp.....up from 60 std.

The original bottle is 250kg wet, this is circa 172, probably be 178/180 finished. :lol:

Gt750 frame, Kawa ZR front and rear ends, Yamaha DT tank, Honda electrics....(I had to get them all represented.......and I had the bits in the shed!)

Graham

PS I need a minimal front guard.....anybody got something suitable lying around?
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Graham's project

Post by L.B. »

Far out! What a collective of parts!Very interesting project.
Ive seen 2 into 1 but a 3 into 1!Going to sound pretty wild.
Graham are you still rebuilding cranks?
graham
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by graham »

Yep still rebuilding cranks..... the website info is in the dealer section of this site.

The 3 into ones do sound great....they scream not unlike a F1 car type sound but it has been only recently that the jetski and snowmoble boys have discovered that they can be made to perform quite well especially when the headers are quite short. So here's hoping that this style does not cut the power abruptly like the long header type used to do.......time will tell.

Graham
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

keep the pics coming and keep us updated, speaking of crank rebuilding, mine should be with you in a day or 2,for my white LC, ken
graham
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by graham »

Well folks when I moved up here to Darwin I got the removalists to come and quote to ship all the household and workshop gear, including my project bikes in 2 containers..... so $13,000 later they pick it all up and find that there is not enough room for all the stuff, so the last 2 things to be loaded were the water-bottle project bike.....as in the pics above and the DKW 1937 project bike.

I have a box of suzi stuff in Darwin....Motor bits that I will need to ship down south but the bikes are in a mates shed in Allora.....150Km west of Brisbane.

I don't see me getting time to get either together up here in the next 5 years so If anybody wants to finish them off they will be sold at realistic prices.

The suzi project with all the bits, Quite a few extra motor spares for $900

The DKW........Talk to me but I'll look at the best offer circa $4500.......

Give me a call on 0419 811 322

Graham
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Hi Graham,
Abit off topic,but Ive emailed you a couple times about some crank rebuilds,mainly with how you want them packed etc....
Is your work email errmm,working?
graham
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by graham »

crsallora@gmail.com is working fine

I reply to about 5 emails a day, can't remember a question about packing for a while....... send me a test email.

Graham