rz 350 unfinished project expression of intrest

Looking to sell a 2Stroke bike?
Sledge

rz 350 unfinished project expression of intrest

Post by Sledge »

Hi I got an rz 350 a while back, had originally wanted to restore/spice up the bike but now am unable to. (have a thread up with a few pics)

So I am wanting to know what is a reasonable offer for an 85 rz with matching engine and frame numbers.

I have partially rebuilt the engine with new Athena heads and a 421 stroke kit, all,frame has been sanded and repainted. Have 1996 rgv swing arm and front end plus tyres and brake assembly gsx1000 fairing (was going to cut and plastic mold m y own fairings with these to see what I liked the look of)

BIKE NOT FOR SALE ATM but would like to know the value of what I have and if it is worth trying to find someone to have bike (and bits) in there shed till I can get round to completing what I started.

Thanks inadvance

Sledge
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: rz 350 unfinished project expression of intrest

Post by BRG1200 »

If it's in Adelaide I might have garage space (or may be able to make some) if the bike is in one piece, or nearly one piece.
You'll have to wipe drool (or worse) off the bike when you come to collect it again.
What sort of time period did you have in mind?
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Hey Sledge, question really is whats it worth to you !

You have some very cool parts there which represent $$ spent, but unlikely to get that back unless someone is chasing that specific thing.

Orginal 85 RZ in pieces with most original parts (not including new bits) in good nick "could" get a couple of grand but its likely someone willing to buy in pieces is looking for a bargain themselves as they will still think they have a lot of work to do (eg possibly pay up to $1000).

Original and running but needing work "could" possibly get more, 2 - 4k ? but it would prob need to be pretty clean.
Original, rego'd and very neat could possibly get higher, certainly some on ebay have achieved higher but they were sweet ec.

Matching numbers in pieces with cool bits and partially done ??? Maybe $2 - 3k if someone is really looking and wants to pony up, but they might not "trust" what youve done and be factoring in doing themselves again anyway.

I picked up an RZ partially done for $800 with some of the bits you have, but I wanted the bits for another project. Someone else on here sold an RZ partially done with nearly all the bits you have and I think was looking for $2k and that included sweet RS250 forks and wheels. So I think your prob might be selling as is, in pieces etc even though you have some big ticket items.

IF you have to sell you might even be better re-assembling the original bike and parting out the cool bits as someone is always chasing them. eg RGV Swinger and Forks and Athena stuff.

The best thing would be to keep it and finish it and be the coolest chick out there riding a 421 stroker.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

BTW, I could prob help with space in Sydney, but I think your up FNQ so that might be a tad hard...
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

This guys wants $3250 for 85 RZ complete and running but needing a clean up and rego etc;

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lismore- ... 1010610328
Sledge

Post by Sledge »

Hey thanx for the info, I am located in far north Queensland. Might see if I can get her up and runnin :D will see how the new year unfolds