GT250 parts

Topics regarding Suzuki 2Strokes
drew.hender

GT250 parts

Post by drew.hender »

G'Day All,
Just picked up a1973 Suzuki GT250 as a bit of a project bike and require a few parts for rebuild including:
- LH Cylinder Barrel
- New set of pipes stock or chambers
- rearsets

If anyone knows anyone with these or where i could source these parts it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
SPman

Re: GT250 parts

Post by SPman »

Is this a Ram-air model?
drew.hender

Post by drew.hender »

G'Day SPman,
Yeh it is the ram air model. The exhaust port on the left hand barrel where the header screws on has been cross threaded smooth.
Patak

Post by Patak »

I have a set of GT250 standard pipes, they are not new but are in alright condition for a set of pipes that are 39 years old. As for rear sets i dont think you will find a bolt on solution (i did not) i just bough a set of sports bike rear sets and will fab up something to make them work. As for your LH barrel i may have one for sale in a bit. I have 2 motors but i am going to rebuild 1 and then part out the rest. They seem pretty common on ebay so i dont think it will be hard to find. Good luck
drew.hender

Post by drew.hender »

Hey,
Definately interested in the pipes, how much you after ? Also do you know when a barrel might be available? (weve tracked one down in the Netherlands, just wander if we shuld hold off on that one)

Cheers
Patak

Post by Patak »

Hey Drew.hender, would more than willing to help you out with the pipes i have, just let me know what they are worth to you. As for the LH barrel i would love to sell you one now but i have come to a pause in my build and will not be doing anything with my motors for quite a while now. ( money has run out :( ). You said you were looking to the netherlands for a barrel, but i did just see a couple of GT250s sell on ebay ( one of them had 3 bikes )and they all sold for under $900. Not saying you need to spend that on a barrel but there are quite a few of these bikes out here in AUS. SO let me know if you would like a pic of the pipes i have.

Cheers Patak
rocet23
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by rocet23 »

hi drew,why cant you insert a helicoil to fix the head problem?