Looking for a 250 or 350 LC, most options considered

Looking for a Stroker?
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Looking for a 250 or 350 LC, most options considered

Post by BRG1200 »

I’m finally in a position to replace my RD350LC, sold with regret some years ago.

I am based in Adelaide, I have access to a trailer and I’m willing to drive a fair distance to collect a bike (or ship one if practical).

I don’t have a big budget, not seeking an immaculate restored machine, just a good straight starting point for a long term “keeper” that I can improve over time.
I can cope with paint & panel issues, minor gremlins and so on.

A 250 is acceptable, a 350 is preferable.
This will be a permanently held road bike, not a racer.

Drop me a line with any possibilities.
dmclynn@hotmail.co.uk
0478 409 665
VJMC member A2775.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
DOC03

Re: Looking for a 250 or 350 LC, most options considered

Post by DOC03 »

Mate, good to hear your getting back in the saddle :-)
Are you looking for running / registered ?
or
Fixing up / etc.
I know you said paint n panel is OK, but do you want to restore, therefor strip down ?
Let me know I might have something.
Pete
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Pete, good to talk again.
If you have something (or a lead) I'm very interested to discuss - have sent you a PM.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
jools58
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by jools58 »

You could try calling Steve Leembrugen of Old Gold Motorcycles in Londonderry, NSW (Google as I don't like to post emails & mobiles on Forums)

depending on what you want he is always bringing in bikes from Japan and may be able to help. I was over there on Friday nad he showed me some photos of what he is bringing in this time - out of frame was an LC, which may be a 250 or 350.

there was a tidy TDR250 too, which is burning a hole in the back of my mind but I already have too much on.

You can negotiate an "as is" price or "ready for registration" price dependant on your needs. he is very amenable and also carrys and is building up a vast stock of spare parts.

there is also a couple of reverse cylinder TZR's coming :$
One day lad all this will be yours............
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Great, thanks for that!
I will follow it up.
Still hoping to come to a mutually helpful arrangement with a forum member, but following up all options in the meantime.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Thanks Peter, happy with the deal, looking forward to repatriating the bike to sunny South Australia.

If all goes to plan I’ll get the house reno’s done, then start refurbing the LC in a couple of months with a view to getting it down to the VJMC show in March.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Cool news....

So... Does anyone have an LC frame with compliance they wont use? Id like one if they have...
jools58
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by jools58 »

John

this might be what you are after.....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yamaha-RD350 ... 418wt_1073

Jools
One day lad all this will be yours............
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Thats one of Alex's sales. I really do only need a frame and some forks at a pinch, I have the rest of an LC just sitting here it seems in my parts boxes :/
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I know a bloke in Adelaide with a spare bare 250 LC frame and swinger, so you'd "just" need triples and forks. Postage might be a bugger though :-)
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

yeah, tho I do know people who travel that way, if it was the right price Id be tempted... How much does he want?

I actually have some nice F2 forks I could use, I think the LC wheel fits those forks and calipers... Im closer every time of think of this bike, eeek!

(I dont need the swinger actually... LOL, I just found a nice powdercoated one in my parts, damn I really do have a whole LC sans frame here LOL)
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I'll ask him. He's from Yorkshire though, expect a bit of sucking his teeth and saying "Eeh, lad" stuff :-)
I might take the swinger if you don't want it, if the paint's good, reduce your cost a bit?
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Frame belongs to son of my friend, who it turns out is back in dear old Blighty right now. Will get a price on his prodigal return. Hope thats soon enough old chap.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

LOL, well I worked up that way for years so know the type. Yeah Swinger is yours if you want it, I have a good one so thats cool. Cheap and complied is what Im after, this is a project for the future so not looking to invest my life's savings or anything like that.

So, yeah, no huge hurry at all, I'm just painfully aware of two things when i go in my garage... 1, I only have the 83 RZ left as a 'new' project ti think about and 2, I have so many LC parts its just silly that with a frame I could build a standard one LOL