RGV250 VJ22 USD forks, wheel, banana arm, triples ALL SOLD

Got some parts to sell?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

RGV250 VJ22 USD forks, wheel, banana arm, triples ALL SOLD

Post by JonW »

Placing this ad was not something I wanted to do but I have a few RGV parts that I have decided to part with. This week I got to thinking about my next RZ build and have decided I will do something different as I have already used RGV parts on my LC already and I should try harder to do something different... So these parts will be sold to pay some bills on the other bikes... :)

Ok, long descriptions, but I want to be totally up front about the condition of these parts.

RGV front wheel... bare wheel, no tyre, nasty old bearings, no axle/spacers/speedo drive (There are plenty of those parts on ebay of course). Wheel is straight and true and in reasonable original white finish with chips and the usual bit of rash, tho I expect you would tidy it up and powdercoat or repaint it anyway. OEM Suzuki, 3 spoke, 17inch, 3.00 width. $185 (bear in mind that it costs over $100+GST to have a wheel straightened and you just know you want to buy straight wheels LOL! I just checked a bunch of old wheels I had here and so many fronts were way out of shape it just wasnt funny... anyway this one is fine)

RGV VJ22 'M' USD forks with triples. These are the 'silver' forks that were only fitted for a short period of time. These forks have great stantion chrome and the seals are all good, the downside is that the outside finish on the alloy parts is not great. One has been bead blasted and it looks pretty good, the other is dirty, has oxidisation and glue from old stickers, there are also a few chips out of the alloy, one is quite big but the fork works fine, I think its a casting mark as its a bizarre shape, it can be hidden anyway by rotating the fork and its near the top etc. Ok, so while they dont look all nice and swish these forks are actually very good and just need a clean up/paint etc. There are totally usable as is, I've opened and checked them both. The forks come with RGV VJ22 Triple clamps... Not the most beautiful on the planet as the top clamp has some alloy ground away from the front edge on one side (easily welded up and re-profiled of course) and the steel lower has had the weld for the pin ground back, obviously someone was thinking of pulling out the pin for a custom fitment but stopped before the pin was removed, its still solid in the lower and the weld could be redone or you could be ahead of schedule if you need to pull the pin out anyway! no nut/bearings $295

Bizarre casting marks I think, the inside edge is smooth, this is external only and will rotate to the inside rear and not be seen.

ground out pin weld, nice and flush, and the ground edge of the top triple

RGV Banana arm. Everyone loves the banana! This one has the usual gouges and dents you seem to get with these arms, I think the alloy box sections are so large that they dent easily when the bike goes over and the pipe bolts always marr the alloy as well. Of course you wont see much of that if you powdercoat it a dark colour, and you could even have it welded up, your call. Intact bearings and collars and I think I also have the pin somewhere around. Comes with wheel adjusters. No axle/hugger. $195
(Comes with dogbones and I may be able to locate the knuckle/pin/caps/chain protector if you need them)

....bearings are taped to stop dirt getting in.

FAQ

Q. Do I have a rear wheel for sale?
A. no but I know someone who does...

Q. Do I have Axles?
A. Nope, ebay has them tho...

Q. Do I have disks?
A. No, they are usually bad anyway, buy some new ones from ebay.

Q. Will I post them?
A. Rather not...
Last edited by JonW on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeffcannon
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Re: RGV250 VJ22 USD forks, wheel, banana arm, triples

Post by jeffcannon »

Will you sell the triple clamps separate and how much I really just need the top one but am happy to take both.