What handles better, the A/C RD or the LC.

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

What handles better, the A/C RD or the LC.

Post by OzzyElsie »

I've got a prob. I've got bits left over from the LC resto which I have rough out into an LC with 17in f & r, and an RZ350 donk. The prob is The LC tank I have is pretty screwed and I'm having difficulty getting another.

Now I also have an A/C RD rolling chassis - with a usable tank. It wouldn't be too hard to transfer the bits and make the RD the bitza special. Now in appearance I like both and could imagine a tasty special made from either. I'm undecided.

So to separate the pack I'm thinking about 'which is the better (or can be made the better) handling? '.

I've ridden both stock but ridden either with 17inch f & r. Stock I don't think there is a lot in it. The LC with the rubbery front end (my resto has an RZ front end) was hardly an advance on the RD (some would argue a backward step :roll: ).

Any comments/suggestions.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: What handles better, the A/C RD or the LC.

Post by Antman »

Lc anyday over air cooled ,mono shock v's twin outside mounted

is far better nohing wrong with Rz fork swap Ive done it however replaced springs with proggresive type same as standard Lc, made a big difference.
Currently running R1 bluespot calipers wow what a difference.
I've got 5 Lc cranks for sale if you want one?
hillbilly-farm-boy

Re: What handles better, the A/C RD or the LC.

Post by hillbilly-farm-boy »

I got an email from Steve at the two stroke shop in Cairns saying he had found some one that was going to manufacture BRAND NEW LC tanks.

He said a couple of weeks he would have more details on price and stuff.

It might be worth hang on and building an lc, but an aircooled/LC with a monoshock and 17 inch wheels would be cool as.