SOLD - RZ350 barrels & Toomey 2 into 1 filter + battery box

Got some parts to sell?
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

SOLD - RZ350 barrels & Toomey 2 into 1 filter + battery box

Post by Richie_rich »

ALL PARTS SOLD THANKS.

Finally getting around to clearing out some parts that I've either collected or hoarded along the way after coming to the realization that I'll probably never use them so perhaps someone else can (a decision helped by the fact that I need to make some room in the garage for an impending delivery of another two wheeled vehicle - I think I need some help...)

I've just sold my set of Spec II pipes, but there's some other stuff that I'd thought I'd post here before eBay.

I have a set of RZ350 1UA barrels on the standard bore with the std pistons but no power valves. I've had these for some years and from memory (I haven't unpacked them yet) the bores are fine as is but if I did use them I'd be reboring them to first oversize - but that would be a decision for the new owner. (For those that don't know, the power valves from the 31K are not interchangeable with the 1UA, so you'd need to source 1UA parts).

Looking for $550 for them, I think this is fair for a set on the std bore but let me know if I'm dreaming and I'll rethink.

Also have Toomey racing 2 into 1 filter and battery box that replaces the airbox on a 250/350. These are brand new never been used and came as part of a whole kit with the new pipes I bought a while back. I'm never going to use these, pics below, open to offers.

Last edited by Richie_rich on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: RZ350 barrels & Toomey 2 into 1 filter + battery box

Post by BRG1200 »

I'd certainly like a spare set of barrels, not in the market right now alas!
I didn't know there was a difference in the power valves !?
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

BRG1200 wrote:I'd certainly like a spare set of barrels, not in the market right now alas!
I didn't know there was a difference in the power valves !?
I'm not certain why they're different but pretty certain the actual PV's themselves are not interchangeable. The 1UA barrels are from the later model RZ's with slightly different porting - if my memory serves me correctly the exhaust ports are raised slightly compared to the 31K.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

How much for the battery box & filter set?

GMU..
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I saw your delivery on Friday Richie, your going to be a happy man at the weekend, until your missus finds out of course :fap:
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I thought the PVs were the same... its just that Yamaha didnt make use of the fact the later cyls could have a different (better) design of PV and TSS corrected that, offering 2 sets...?
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

JonW wrote:I thought the PVs were the same... its just that Yamaha didnt make use of the fact the later cyls could have a different (better) design of PV and TSS corrected that, offering 2 sets...?
Hi Jon, you may well be right, it might've been the TSS diffentiation that led me to assume they are different as I think that's where I've come across it. Thanks for that. A bloke from NSW has contacted me through the RDRZ forum and is interested so will take some pics tonight.
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

Greasemeup wrote:How much for the battery box & filter set?

GMU..
Bloke who wants the barrels wants the battery box but would prefer to sell the filter and box as a set (as you need both), let me get him sorted and I'll come back to you. Also have the jet kit that goes with the filter though of course they're designed for the US spec carbs.
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

EPApolice wrote:I saw your delivery on Friday Richie, your going to be a happy man at the weekend, until your missus finds out of course :fap:
Yeah, it's going to be a bit of pleasure mixed with pain I reckon... I've dropped enough hints that she knows the arrival of one bike is imminent, but two..... Sheesh I'm pushing my luck.

I'm actually wondering if she'll notice as I have Thursday off to meet Steve so will do a little garage reorganizing and try to make it less obvious. If that fails I fall back to blaming Steve and of course you this time!
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Dean? he is also on here Rich :)

This may help... Who ever doesnt buy the box/filter&Yboot can contact me, I have a used set I bought from the USA forums that I will never use... for sale as a set tho of course...
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

JonW wrote:Dean? he is also on here Rich :)

This may help... Who ever doesnt buy the box/filter&Yboot can contact me, I have a used set I bought from the USA forums that I will never use... for sale as a set tho of course...
Yep, Dean it was, probably should just always assume that everyone is on all the forums, but it does get confusing at times (though maybe that's just me as I age....).

Happy for you to sell your set to whoever Jon, I'm not fussed - the battery box is so well made I could always bolt it to the shower as some sort of flash soap holder, though not sure how the missus would react. :impatient:
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

lol we RZ guys are just keen to gather info wherever we can i think!

no mate, sell yours first, i was only offering to pick up the 2nd sale.

Do agree tho, those battery boxes are well worth the money, very nice indeed!