kr250a main clutch drive gear inner rubber toasted

Topics regarding Kawasaki 2Strokes
azwood80
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

kr250a main clutch drive gear inner rubber toasted

Post by azwood80 »

Reaching to any kr owners that may know how to fix a worn cush drive on main gear behind the chutch basket the two gears are pressed together via pins but the two gears can be tured about 70,80 degees apart how do i fix this!!!!
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: kr250a main clutch drive gear inner rubber toasted

Post by Jeram »

have you checked to see whether you can buy a new clutch or a decent second hand one?

or you will need to replace the inner rubber either by purchasing new OEM rubbers (doubt such a thing ever existed if its riveted together) or have new rubbers machined up.

The other option ofcourse is to solid mount the clutch. being that its a dirt bike it doesnt really need the clutch cush drive
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
azwood80
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by azwood80 »

Jeram wrote:have you checked to see whether you can buy a new clutch or a decent second hand one?

or you will need to replace the inner rubber either by purchasing new OEM rubbers (doubt such a thing ever existed if its riveted together) or have new rubbers machined up.

The other option ofcourse is to solid mount the clutch. being that its a dirt bike it doesnt really need the clutch cush drive
just in the process of getting it apart then i might just make nylothane ones up not sore how solid gears would go not saying it wouldent work but i dont want to be the first to try it :mrgreen: nylothane is still qwite solid but still have some give it might also last longer.
azwood80
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by azwood80 »

Been esrching hi and low for nylothane barr to make new cush rubbers from nobody has any i can get white teflon easy but its very rigid i supose its better than nothing but still close to solid.
fred99999au
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by fred99999au »

Assuming that you mean a polyurethane type pre-cast rod, you could try the likes of http://www.engplastics.com.au/
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Just weld them together.
azwood80
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by azwood80 »

2TInstitute wrote:Just weld them together.
got a large flat block of white urathane today for $5 there is enough to make 30 or so also one half of the damper has been taped to m6 so naw it just bolts together with some locktight.thanks for the idears guys i will let you know how it works