Whats a RG500 Worth

Topics regarding Suzuki 2Strokes
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Whats a RG500 Worth

Post by Greasemeup »

Following on from what Hybrid said-

Just seen a beautiful RZ500, stock untouched with 8000 klms on clock sell on eBay in Cairns for 8k, whereas there have been 3 consistently advertised for between 10 - 15k, what are people willing to pay today for a pristine RZ500, seems 8k is the number. Ask for more by all means, just be prepared to wait for your cash, perhaps a v long time. :rant:

Just to stir things up a little, there was a Katana 1100 in good nick that sold for around 8.5k on the same day!
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Whats a RG500 Worth

Post by BRG1200 »

I tend to agree, its who's around on the day with a burning desire and cash in their pocket. 8k seems quite reasonable but 15k upwards is speculating unless the bike is really special. Fishing for high prices sometimes seems to start a chain reaction of people panicking, and an inflation spiral.
If I find I have a decent stash in my pocket any day soon (not really going to happen!) I'd really have to think hard and see what else I could buy for the money, take away the 30 year cycle and look more recently, there are some nice 'modern' sports bikes for not much money out there.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.