rz carbie gaskets

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
HM31A
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

rz carbie gaskets

Post by HM31A »

ok i read somewhere on the forum some was getting some carbie gkts as the ebay ones were shite

could some reinlight please
3rd Blue Haze Ride Sunday 10th November 2013
Smokers Day Out
www.japbikeshow.com.au
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: rz carbie gaskets

Post by wheels999 »

HM31A wrote:ok i read somewhere on the forum some was getting some carbie gkts as the ebay ones were shite

could some reinlight please
Yep, that was me. These are the cheap kits from Japan I was talking about. The jets, needles, etc. seem fine, but the float bowl gasket won't seal properly.

You can order the gaskets separately from Yambits in the UK. They have quite a good range of reasonably priced bits for the RZ. http://yambits.co.uk

There is also an Australian company that sells whole kits, but they did not respond to an email from me asking if they do the gaskets separately. http://www.motorcyclespareswarehouse.com.au

Cheers, Markus.
HM31A
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by HM31A »

thanks mate for the info

good to see their are some useful gent on this forum
3rd Blue Haze Ride Sunday 10th November 2013
Smokers Day Out
www.japbikeshow.com.au
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Markus I'm rebuilding a pair of rz carbs. Have you got these kits yet? Have you used them? Basically are they any good? As I've heard of horry stories with float needle seat issues etc.
To the point of looking at buying new kiehens or miks...
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Markus I'm rebuilding a pair of rz carbs. Have you got these kits yet? Have you used them? Basically are they any good? As I've heard of horry stories with float needle seat issues etc.
wheels999
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by wheels999 »

L.B. wrote:Markus I'm rebuilding a pair of rz carbs. Have you got these kits yet? Have you used them? Basically are they any good? As I've heard of horry stories with float needle seat issues etc.
Hey LB, with hindsight in my favour I would not buy the cheap kits off ebay again. From what I can tell everything bar the gaskets is ok quality wise, but I'm not fully sorted yet with the bike.

I would recommend buying the kits from Yambits or the Australian site I provide the link for in the earlier message.

Cheers, Markus.