Topics regarding other 2Stroke bikes, Customs etc
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: KTMito 380

Post by Jeram »

time to go work on the KTMito !

see ya soon lozza !
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

I'll have a few other duties to attend to over the weekend................... :( but we still should get a fair bit done
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

got lots of work done considering the unfortunate circumstances which I wont go into.

We managed over the weekend to get the engine mounts about 80% done which is a great milestone.
the motor now sits in the frame without any assistance and the motor is nicely held in place considering that none of the bolts are torqued up yet.

the mounts are made from 3mm mild steel flat bar, the bolts are all high tensile structural 8.8 and 10.9 grade, whch really is needed due to the high consequences if there ever was a failure.

the engine mounts have been thought out and designed over the past 9 months, and we have been collaborating with many old skool chassis gurus to find the best possible solution for reducing vibrations.
I say old skool because new bikes dont vibrate like they used to!

we settled on using a combination of dampeners from a Harley Davidson and skate board bushes and have found them to work splendidly.

we now just need to weld some thin flat bar around the mounts to 'box them up' to reduce side-to-side flexure.

this really will be a 'suck it and see' we wont know if it will work untill we start up the bike, if it doesnt work, it will just be a matter of finding where the vibrations are getting though and fix it

Top view

dampener in shell

We managed to get the wheel and chain aligned perfectly so that the brembo rear caliper can have its bracket made up.

finished mounts with dampeners, just needs some spacers made and the hanging mounts need to be boxed to increase side to side rigidity.

New shock ordered :)
Nitron Race Spec shock with preload, high and low speed adjusters, ride height adjustment and set up for my weight and the bikes weight. :)

more updates coming soon hopefully!

yeah...
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

Just got my hands on a SP525 shorty subframe + pista seat unit and under tray :)

I have never ever seen anything like this (apart from cheap seat replicas) up for sale so jumped at the opportunity.

looks awesome IMO, cant wait for it to turn up.

yeah...
huh?...
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Subframe looks good
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Why has this build taken so long?
CBR600
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by CBR600 »

Because the 2TI's too busy building Australia's fastest dt200 engined Dt200.....

The project is not a 5 minute job.

Be patient 8)
Vj21. 88
Dt200 1994 power house 2012

http://lnshosting.com
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

the project is mainly worked on when Im up in Newcastle which is roughly 3 times a year as both myself and lozza are pretty busy with life and a million and one other projects.

Considering Iv only been up there to work on the bike for the equivalent of 4 or 5 weekends, we are making some mighty fine progress.

All that we have to do now is get the rear brake sorted, the top end of the motor, the pipe and the electrics.

hopefully these things can be done in the new year... that's probably only a couple of long weekend trips to Newcastle to finish her off :)

yeah...
huh?...
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Antman wrote:Why has this build taken so long?
Life gets in the way sometimes
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

I think it might be quicker for us to finish if we follow the plot of the movie "Multiplicity"

we will clone you...

one lozza for working away in the shed..

and the other for all the other less important things ... :P

yeah...
huh?...
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Sign me up, though feeding and cleaning up after my clone might be a drawback :oops:
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

just experienced the fastest postage of my life.

a box of goodies for the KTMito and my mates KTM supermoto project sent via TNT from California to Melbourne.

Postage paid for on Friday afternoon

Items turned up this morning!

I got myself a more powerful stator, with pickup and backing plate.
a higher capacity aftermarket rec reg
and a brand new heavier flywheel (+4oz)

yeah...
huh?...
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

heres what we got up to this weekend

All in all it was a pretty productive weekend but a few setbacks stopped us from getting the bike fired up.
1. putting the 'bling' orange clutch master cap on removed the magura cap which warned not to use brake fluid.
brake fluid was accidentally placed in the MC which ruined the seals preventing any hope of starting the bike.

2.Dropped the cluch shaft double needle roller on the floor, losing several rollers.
couldnt find an exact match so had to machine a couple new rollers from similar rollers.

3. my ankle exploded on the 3rd day, swelled up like a balloon and I could barely walk for the remainder of the trip...

so yeah, considering the above I think we did pretty damn good :)

First off we finished the front brake system by installing the 19mm forged master cylinder, connecting the braided lines, and installing high tensile bolts/washers on the callipers

engine cases were again split open to investigate a gearbox issue, turned out to be the shift forks/drum had derailed

Luckily an engine removal is quick and easy, four bolts to swing the engine down for quick/easy top end work and slide the swingarm pivot half way out to drop the whoe engine.

Im happy to report that my new engine mounts look like they will work amazingly.
They are super firm but have a surprising amount of dampening flex when required.

It consists of a bar which runs through the front mount of the engine cases, this bar connects to an aluminium mount on either side of the engine which then passes all forces and vibrations through half inch bolts and into the four independant dampeners before tranfering the loads to the frame rails.

here is a picture from earlier in the weekend before finished

chain installed and aligned with a laser... is absolutely spot on!

engine back in the frame, and bodywork installed so that the expansion chamber could begin being fabricated.

Minimalist cockpit/dash area. just needs to have the micro LED tacho installed

Nitron shock installed

I really like the look of the slick, the race tail/tray and the nitron race shock...
gives me an ear to ear grin just looking at it

just some more pictures

really reminds me of the Cgiva GP593/594 from this angle

couldnt find the OEM intake boot so begun fabricating one from alluminium.
didnt quite get it finished but it is a short/straight intake boot with a tapering ID, from 41.5 round at the carb to almost 60mm rectangle at the mouth of the Vforce-2 reed block

And a quick walkaround video of the bike

Major things to do now before bike can be taken for a ride:
-Finish the Exhaust
-Rear brake

yeah...
huh?...
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Damn thats coming up nice mate. Love the fairing and particularly the tail, sweeet !
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Some progress on the 'anaconda' pipe
Last edited by 2TInstitute on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.