My KR 250 pics

Topics regarding Kawasaki 2Strokes
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

My KR 250 pics

Post by Richie_rich »

Hi everyone, have been lurking here a bit and see quite a few people from other two stroke speciality forums so hello to those people and apologies for posting pics you've probably seen before.

Thought I'd post a couple of pics in this forum as doesn't seem to be too much content for poor old Kawasaki! Anyway, here are some pics of my KR250 that I've had for a year or so now. She only has 4,900 kms on her (import) and is in amazing condition. I've yet to fully recommission her as I'm (finally) at the end of a resto on a '85 GSX-R750F (can I mention a 4 stroke?). Assume little trick bikes I think!

Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: My KR 250 pics

Post by Richie_rich »

Thought I may as well post a pic of my RZ too - she keeps the KR company! This was the bike that is responsible for my '80's Jap bike addiction, I really enjoyed rebuilding her and seem to have kept adding projects since she was finished. One bike I'll never sell (and the 5th RZ350 I've owned).

EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

And the 3MA Richie???
That KR was a good buy still looks great
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

JonW wrote:Good to see you posting here Rich!
Thanks Jon. Thought if I started talking about my bikes it might increase my snail pace work rate!
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

EPApolice wrote:And the 3MA Richie???
That KR was a good buy still looks great
Yep, still got it, but it's been bumped down the pecking order, but it's time will come. Bought a complete low km spare engine for it a month or so ago as the price was very good ($350 incl. two new piston sets) and I know that my 3MA has low compression.

hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Nice collection :)
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I hear that mate, Once some paying work takes hold its hard to find time for forums, let alone working on bikes :/
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

Here's another one so you don'tfeel too left out.

She has 8,000 on the clock. Need to redo the back calipers as they are sticking and the float and needles as it keeps leaking fuel. Already done them once but will uuse it as an excuse to take the fairings off and give the old girl a good clean. Then on with a new set of tyres and get it registered. Such a hilarious bike to ride - nothing below 6K then bang.....
Attachments
$t2ec16zhjiefhr1jqeeubr3d4iodhq~~60_3.jpg
(174.04 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Be careful those pistons are not the cheap Chinese ones or you will be in a world of hurt.
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

pkay wrote:Here's another one so you don'tfeel too left out.

She has 8,000 on the clock. Need to redo the back calipers as they are sticking and the float and needles as it keeps leaking fuel. Already done them once but will uuse it as an excuse to take the fairings off and give the old girl a good clean. Then on with a new set of tyres and get it registered. Such a hilarious bike to ride - nothing below 6K then bang.....
Nice on PK, good to see another KR kicking about, not too many around these days. I know what you mean re the power delivery, makes it feel pretty fast. Nice sweet motor I have to say though.
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

EPApolice wrote:Be careful those pistons are not the cheap Chinese ones or you will be in a world of hurt.
Yep, I think they are, but I read a few posts saying they were ok? That's not the case obviously?
DuncanB
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by DuncanB »

Love that TZR... I think that would be top of the pecking order in my shed!
Project RD350LC. Finished YL2C.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Blimey, can we swap garages?
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

There is no way I would put them in my engine