looking for TZR250 3MA

Looking for a Stroker?
BirdD

looking for TZR250 3MA

Post by BirdD »

Hi all,

I'm hoping to buy a TZR250 in victoria or melbourne region.
Please help to spread the message to all tzr250 3ma seller. Thanks!
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: looking for TZR250 3MA

Post by Richie_rich »

BirdD wrote:Hi all,

I'm hoping to buy a TZR250 in victoria or melbourne region.
Please help to spread the message to all tzr250 3ma seller. Thanks!
I'd love to know how many 3MA's are in Aussie, there can't be too many. I've never seen one on the road in Melbourne before (except mine when I wheel it out to take a pic...).

Probably your best bet would be Old Gold Motorcycles in NSW. They import bikes from Japan and have brought in a few 3MA's over the past year or so. They're great to deal with (I've bought 2 x bikes from them), reasonably priced and will ship bikes to you.

Good luck!

Cheers, Richard.
BirdD

Post by BirdD »

Rich, are you willing to sell one of your love to me? LOL! what do you think it will cost to have the bike imported and send to me in Melbourne?
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

BirdD wrote:Rich, are you willing to sell one of your love to me? LOL! what do you think it will cost to have the bike imported and send to me in Melbourne?
Here's a pic of mine when it was in Japan - I know why you'd want one - I reckon they're one of the nicest looking Jap bikes ever.

Best to contact Steve or Bruce at Old Gold MC's and ask them, I probably paid too much for mine ($5000 - from the now closed Scott's MC) when I bought it a few years back but it seems they're going for that price now anyway and getting harder to source (like all two strokes).

BirdD

Post by BirdD »

I've contacted them. The only one they have now is in street fighter style.. Have you tried import monster?
BirdD

Post by BirdD »

OMG! i love how neat and clean your bike is!
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Keep in touch with Old Gold because they get offered bikes all the time. He may not have one tomorrow but might the day after. You can contact RB Imports and ask them to find you one, that's how I got mine and mine was shipped with Richie's bike a few years ago.
Great bike to ride but you better like your spanners or its not the bike for you, plenty carb trouble. A 3MA is are like having a hot girlfriend that's great in bed but is a total bitch.
Richie_rich
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Richie_rich »

EPApolice wrote:Keep in touch with Old Gold because they get offered bikes all the time. He may not have one tomorrow but might the day after. You can contact RB Imports and ask them to find you one, that's how I got mine and mine was shipped with Richie's bike a few years ago.
Great bike to ride but you better like your spanners or its not the bike for you, plenty carb trouble. A 3MA is are like having a hot girlfriend that's great in bed but is a total bitch.
Geez Pat you almost made me choke on my dinner when I read that last line! Very funny and very true (and the main reason I keep delaying work on mine).

BirdD, it's unlikely you'll find a 3MA for sale straight away as there's just too few around, but as EPA says keep in contact with Old Gold as they travel over to Japan regularly and have brought a few in already. Many of their bikes are sold before they land (Pat - don't you buy most of them? :rotfl:) and they are seriously dangerous to keep in contact with (they have a Facebook page where they regularly post bikes for sale as well as new bikes they've just bought in Japan - so keep an eye on that too).

As I didn't tell my wife that I'd bought m 3MA it sat in Scott's showroom for several months and they eventually moved it out the back as they got sick of people asking about buying it.

Pat, did you get yours running well in the end?
BirdD

Post by BirdD »

EPApolice wrote:Keep in touch with Old Gold because they get offered bikes all the time. He may not have one tomorrow but might the day after. You can contact RB Imports and ask them to find you one, that's how I got mine and mine was shipped with Richie's bike a few years ago.
LOL!! I talked to Bruce, he said that they have only manage to import 4 TZR over the years.... :(
BirdD

Post by BirdD »

Richie_rich wrote:
Geez Pat you almost made me choke on my dinner when I read that last line! Very funny and very true (and the main reason I keep delaying work on mine).

BirdD, it's unlikely you'll find a 3MA for sale straight away as there's just too few around, but as EPA says keep in contact with Old Gold as they travel over to Japan regularly and have brought a few in already. Many of their bikes are sold before they land (Pat - don't you buy most of them? :rotfl:) and they are seriously dangerous to keep in contact with (they have a Facebook page where they regularly post bikes for sale as well as new bikes they've just bought in Japan - so keep an eye on that too).

As I didn't tell my wife that I'd bought m 3MA it sat in Scott's showroom for several months and they eventually moved it out the back as they got sick of people asking about buying it.

Pat, did you get yours running well in the end?
Yeah Rich, it's just too rare to buy one right now. No one will be willing to part with such beauty!
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Bloody pretty bike.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Mine runs well enough Richie but like all 3MA's its a compromise. I always had a problem getting mine to start but I got my hands on some chambers off a race bike before it got sold, sorry Jools and fitted them and went through the carbs and went up on the mains. It turned out I didn't need to touch the mains as its now too rich. The bike is a bit more responsive down low with the chambers and sounds a bit sweeter but really not worth the hassle. Having said that I have not touched the airbox or done any other mods to it.
Get it sorted Richie and you will never ride the RZ or KR again
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

Can I ask an ignorant question. I love TZR's and would like to get my hands on one as well. When you refer to 3MA is that a particular model or what those in the know call this model? I tried to buy one off a guy on Gumtree some tme ago but missed it my a couple of days. There has been one on the trader website for ages - haven't followed it up but was curious on the labels.
Cheers
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

3MA is the reverse cylinder engine model
Attachments
098.jpg
(152.43 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
BirdD

Post by BirdD »

EPApolice wrote:Mine runs well enough Richie but like all 3MA's its a compromise. I always had a problem getting mine to start but I got my hands on some chambers off a race bike before it got sold, sorry Jools and fitted them and went through the carbs and went up on the mains. It turned out I didn't need to touch the mains as its now too rich. The bike is a bit more responsive down low with the chambers and sounds a bit sweeter but really not worth the hassle. Having said that I have not touched the airbox or done any other mods to it.
Get it sorted Richie and you will never ride the RZ or KR again
Lovely bike! Can't wait to get my hands on one of these sexy ride!