looking for TZR250 3MA

Looking for a Stroker?
BirdD

Re: looking for TZR250 3MA

Post by BirdD »

EPApolice wrote:To be fair I have had my 3MA on the road for a few years now and thrash it every time out and it has never let me down or blown up. The wet clutch on the non SP version makes it perfect for scratching if you need to dip the clutch coming out of a low speed turn to get the revs up something the dry clutch SP can't do. You have to ride it hard and up the revs up but it is a great bike. The 3XV is also a great bike and the two are very different. I have the 3XV SP with the Sugo kit fitted and after sorting the jetting out that is a real pleasure to thrash. I would suggst getting both models and don't be put off by all the bad hype the 3MA gets and the chances of turning up somewhere and parking next to another one is slim.
Wow. all this information are something i never knew. So to say, there are different type of 3MA?
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

This should answer your questions and throw up a few more
http://www.pure-2-stroke-spirit.info/node/12
BirdD

Post by BirdD »

EPApolice wrote:This should answer your questions and throw up a few more
http://www.pure-2-stroke-spirit.info/node/12
Nice! Is there any website that states the gear ratio and stuff like that?
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

Great website thanks for that
jools58
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by jools58 »

Ther is also the TZR forum that will take you a few months to absorb.... :$

http://pure2strokespirit.net/forums/
One day lad all this will be yours............
BirdD

Post by BirdD »

Hi guys, before anyone forgets. I'm still looking for my long lost love, the TZR250 3MA!
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I spoke to See yesterday at Old Gold and he said give him a call. He has the naked one coming this weekend and a Chinese fairing kit can be had for under $500. He has a few RZs coming too and some 2MAs. There is an R1Z in there with my name on it too.
BirdD

Post by BirdD »

EPApolice wrote:I spoke to See yesterday at Old Gold and he said give him a call. He has the naked one coming this weekend and a Chinese fairing kit can be had for under $500. He has a few RZs coming too and some 2MAs. There is an R1Z in there with my name on it too.
Ok! Hope it will be a 3MA4 or 3MA5. How much will OEM cost? I'm afraid Chinese fairing kit wouldn't fit nicely.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

You will struggle to find a set unless you go to get one out of Japan, I have a Chinese set on my bike and its OK actually but genuine is better. That bike is a 3MA 1 he has coming.
jools58
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by jools58 »

One of then Guys, Paul, from the TZR forum is flogging some complete bodywork which is freshly painted off his 3ma.
http://pure2strokespirit.net/forums/ind ... pic=1032.0
that might be a better option, but don't be put off by the chinese stuff as its not as bad as you might think these days. Just research the best sellers and again, the TZR forum has topics on this.
One day lad all this will be yours............
BirdD

Post by BirdD »

EPApolice wrote:You will struggle to find a set unless you go to get one out of Japan, I have a Chinese set on my bike and its OK actually but genuine is better. That bike is a 3MA 1 he has coming.
I've talked to old gold. they said that the 3MA1 that is coming in is only coming at late this year or early next year.... and they do not have chinese fairing kits....
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I thought it was coming in the container that is waiting for customs to clear. No one said they are selling anything other than the bike any fairings or extras you need to source yourself just like any other bike or project. If I was you I would out an expression of interest on the bike and get first refusal if I was you, no one is going to hand you a mint 3MA or parts for one.
BirdD

Post by BirdD »

EPApolice wrote:I thought it was coming in the container that is waiting for customs to clear. No one said they are selling anything other than the bike any fairings or extras you need to source yourself just like any other bike or project. If I was you I would out an expression of interest on the bike and get first refusal if I was you, no one is going to hand you a mint 3MA or parts for one.
Oh Pat, i wasn't meant to be rude. Hope you didn't get the message wrong. Thanks for the advice! I'm really new to this and definitely need more guidance from gurus like you!
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I'm just saying if you really want a 3MA badly and there is one coming up for sale you need to move on it because if you look on their facebook page most of the strokers are sold weeks before they leave Japan. As soon as they find a bike there they call anyone who expressed an interest in getting that model and try to sell it ahead of time which makes perfect business sense. They don't just buy the bikes when they go there either they have a guy over there finding bikes all the time and sending them the details and they snap them up. Look at the pictures on the face book page showing what has landed this week, all the high end stuff is already sold. He will find what ever you are looking for no matter how rare you just have to wait. He still cant find me a YSR 80 mind you.
BirdD

Post by BirdD »

EPApolice wrote:I'm just saying if you really want a 3MA badly and there is one coming up for sale you need to move on it because if you look on their facebook page most of the strokers are sold weeks before they leave Japan. As soon as they find a bike there they call anyone who expressed an interest in getting that model and try to sell it ahead of time which makes perfect business sense. They don't just buy the bikes when they go there either they have a guy over there finding bikes all the time and sending them the details and they snap them up. Look at the pictures on the face book page showing what has landed this week, all the high end stuff is already sold. He will find what ever you are looking for no matter how rare you just have to wait. He still cant find me a YSR 80 mind you.
Ok. I've expressed my interest. So when will you be parting your love to me? lol!