KTM 2002 Power Valve Issue

Topics regarding other 2Stroke bikes, Customs etc
jaiman

KTM 2002 Power Valve Issue

Post by jaiman »

Hey guys.
Got an 01 KTM 125sx that I bought as a project. When I got it, it had top end pulled off because of a crack in the cylinder.
I found today you can't buy an 01 cylinder anymore and part has been replaced by the 02 cylinder

The issue I am having is the power valve gears from the 01 cylinder don't fit the 02 cylinder. even though the part numbers are the same from 01-03

anyone else had this problem?
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: KTM 2002 Power Valve Issue

Post by 2TInstitute »

KTM 125 power valve is a monumental fuck up, 1sub exhaust port opens from the bottom up and the other from the top down. Very silly stuff. I have a few cylinders and PV parts if your interested
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Cor KTM suffered with their PVs back in the early 00's from falling out pins to stuff like this. :(
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Sounds like Suzuki quality
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

jaiman wrote:Hey guys.
Got an 01 KTM 125sx that I bought as a project. When I got it, it had top end pulled off because of a crack in the cylinder.
I found today you can't buy an 01 cylinder anymore and part has been replaced by the 02 cylinder

The issue I am having is the power valve gears from the 01 cylinder don't fit the 02 cylinder. even though the part numbers are the same from 01-03

anyone else had this problem?
how dont they fit?
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "