RGV 250 VJ21 rear guard and Q on power delivery

Topics regarding Suzuki 2Strokes
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

RGV 250 VJ21 rear guard and Q on power delivery

Post by pkay »

Hey Guys
My RGV 250 has had the rear guard cut down and will not pass Qld rego. It is annoying as subject to the issue below she is ready to get back on the raod. I discovered with my wallet that the VJ22 guard is different to the VJ21 so I was wondering if anyone has a rear guard for a VJ21 they'd be interested in selling?

Second question the power delivery seems to be a bit out of wack. It stutters and then takes off like a scolded cat - is that sticking power vavles? Is theer an easy way to check?
peterbike

Re: RGV 250 VJ21 rear guard and Q on power delivery

Post by peterbike »

Regarding the rear mudguard, you can buy an plastic extension from most shops to deal with the problem. It screws on , then after reg you can take off again. Once in the past I got a piece of alum. shaped it roughly painted it black and it passed.
The stuttering could well be carb set up, too rich on the pilot or mid range (needle) maybe ?
You can check your PV's by standing next to your bike and revving it while watching movement of pv's.
Peter
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

Thanks Peter I'll try that tip on the PV's. Probably check the carbies as well as I know the bike was sitting for some time before I bought it.

The RGV is so original everywhere else so that's also whty I want the proper tail unit. I bought a VJ22 unit but that is no good.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

VJ 21 and 22 are vastly different, should be a 'grey wire test' (or is that on VJ22's??) to check PV movement.

Stutter will be jetting raise the needles(drop clip position to second from the bottom) should fix that.