Forum for Aprilia Two Strokes
Thommo
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

I brought another bike...

Post by Thommo »

Be kind to me, it is a two stroke!

With added postie corse goodness...

It's an 02 sr50 with malossi 70cc kit, goes orright to so I'm told. The bike is in Brisbane and I'm in Melbourne.... Cost me $1250.

Now to get some tyres fitted to it, get it rwc'd, regoed in qld and get it down here in time for the BMW icicle ride in July and than back to brissy for the Le Minz 24 hr endurance race in December.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: I brought another bike...

Post by BRG1200 »

Are you mad sir?

You may not have noticed, but that is a sc**ter!
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Thommo
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by Thommo »

I'm a little cracked in the head. I do have a plan tho...

Every year I turn up to the BMW icicle ride on a different bike, last year I did it on one of my postie bikes. This year it shall be the scoot. The postie was the smallest capacity there for a long time, I'll take it smaller this year.

Early this year, I managed to get the postie bike to do an Iron Butt Ride, 1600km in under 24 hours, I made it with 9 minutes to spare. I now want to take it under the 100cc mark somewhat and see if I can do it on this scoot.

It certainly won't be a keeper bike, I couldn't live with having a scooter in the long term.

The racing side is a real hoot, just like bucket racing, Honda h100's, moriaki 80's etc. great fun and fairly cheap racing.

I'd love to have another nsr150... Never should have gotten rid of that bike.
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Luv the Jap safety boots Lol.
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Luv the Jap safety boots Lol.
Thommo
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by Thommo »

So, finally got the new scoot to Melbourne last week. It's got some get up and go in it surprisingly. Just about ready for rwc, new tyres, brake rotors pads etc, decided to replace the grips as they were getting a little sad and that's about all it needs. Hopefully it'll pass rwc next week and be ready for the BMW icicle ride in a few weeks time.

And in the 15 hour endurance race the other week at lakeside Brisbane, we came 5th out of 16 bikes. We're pretty happy with that result considering we are ten to fifteen km an hour slower down the main straight.

Me coming into turn one

BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Good work!
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.