Grumpy old man....

Tell us about yourself and your bike(s), car(s), boat(s) or other toys
Quixotic

Grumpy old man....

Post by Quixotic »

G'Day everybody.

Im new to this forum. I have had many 2 stroke bikes over the years from Suzuki Waterbottles, T500s and T250 Post Classic Race Bikes, 250cc GP Bikes such as Yamaha TZ250 U, and about 5 or 6 versions of the Honda RS125 GP bikes.

Ny current stable of bikes are as tollows:

a. 1967 Suzuki T200, (X5 Invader),

b. 1972 Yamaha TA125 GP bike, (stuffed Crank),

c. 1972 Yamaha AS3 GYT Kitted Race Bike, (also stuffed Crank),

d. 1991 Honda NSR250R, (my current project to repair a crashed bike).

I just did a count of previous bikes that I have owned since 1979, and I have come up with the figure of 22 bikes. But if I break that down further I see that 17 of the 22 bikes were in fact 2 strokes.

So, I guess that makes me a 2 stroke tragic.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grumpy old man....

Post by hybrid »

Welcome.. you can join all the other grumpy old men here :lol:
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

You've found a good home. welcome
mekros
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by mekros »

Welcome, grumpy seems to be the fashion. Happy to share my NSR incompetence if you need it.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Had my motorcycling initiation on a 1967 Suzuki T200 (X5 Invader) :-|

Had it nailed going up Lapstone Hill until the first right hander - it was stuck WFO. I went through that right hander, up past the RAAF station and through the next left hander WFO and the front and rear brakes appiled, all with a 45 degree lean angle at times. Talk about learn and learn fast.

I stopped it by stalling it against the brakes on the straight. Of course when I re-started it it started fine and idled. Checked everything (as best a 16yo can :$ ), worked the throttle and everything was fine.

It was years later when I had the same prob with an RD I learnt about slides, high vacuum and stiction.

Also 'meet God' for the first time on the Invader as well. Same day, during an overtake on the Not-so-Great Western highway outside of ST Marys.

It wasn't even my bikes. I was minding it at my parents place for a friend of my brother who was off on his honeymoon. "I'll leave the keys with you so you can move it if you have to. But DON'T ride it!!!" "Nah, I would even think of it" :mrgreen: .

Ah the Good Old Days - what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger :$ .

Welcome aboard. I hope to see your resto'd Invader and others some day. Might even take it for a test ride for you ;) . I promise not to thrash it or crash it :mrgreen: .