Wossner Pistons for H2

Topics regarding Kawasaki 2Strokes
crasher

Wossner Pistons for H2

Post by crasher »

Hi All,
Anyone familiar with these pistons. I have just done a rebore on my H2A. On the piston box was the recommended piston to bore clearance so that was all OK. However there are no instructions as to the rings. The rings have the same part number on the bags they come in so I assume either can be top. Both of the rings have a 'N' stamped on them....I assume this is the up mark and would be installed facing to the top of the piston. There is also no info as to the ring end gap. I guess I use the stock H2 ring gap. The most interesting bit is the pins in the ring slots on the pistons. Both the pins are in vertical alignment at the rear of the piston??? They are not set apart from each other like all other 2 stroke pistons I have seen. Usually the pins are set apart from each other and between the inlet and transfer ports. The ones on my pistons are directly in line with the centre of the inlet port. Is this normal for Wossner?
Be interested to hear from anyone who has fitted these and if this is 'normal' for these pistons....I assume it must be but you never know!

Thanks
Bikes - Gone - Bridgestone 175 Suzuki TS 185
Jawa 250ish 68 Suzuki T20 74 Ducati GT 750 (sad)
Current.
81 Martin GSX1100 powered 83 Harley FXDG Shovel
83 Yamaha IT 490 07 Hyosung 250 71 Suzuki T250/315
10 Ducati SF 1098 73 Kawasaki H2
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Wossner Pistons for H2

Post by 2TInstitute »

Sounds like normal H2 piston. Never touch the tongues on the inlet port window.