RD350 Project

Post your Project Bike threads here.
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

RD350 Project

Post by waggy »

Probably about time i transferred this to a project thread, don't get too excited because this will only go as fast as my bank account allows haha. I've been doing a bit of shopping lately so i'll put the old pics up again plus some pics of some of the shiny new bits i've bought lately and then try to update as i go

Ottoco reproduction DG heads and HVC cycle rearsets

Tuffside seat

And my favourite, some JL pipes!!

It's been like one big christmas with all the bits turning up in the mail lately. The frame is out to get blasted at the moment but once that's back things should start to move along a bit, I've tried to set myself a hopefully realistic timeframe for the build which would have it ready for a trip to the Island Classic in 2016
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: RD350 Project

Post by Greasemeup »

Gotta love a JL logo on the side of your pipes :)

Those heads look like huge heat sinks on my old computers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

You're from the UK right waggy? You've got to be if you've got a bike in your living room.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

hybrid wrote:You're from the UK right waggy? You've got to be if you've got a bike in your living room.
Hehe +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

Haha no I'm an Aussie, I'm in Victoria though so it's about as cold as the UK. Really i just don't have the room in the shed at the moment, gotta clean it up and get rid of a car that's in there to make room for a bike lift
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Much nicer to work in the living room, might have to part exchange my missus and get one that'll let me keep the bikes in the house. I'm from the UK, does it show?
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Wizz
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Wizz »

Wow man those heads look the business and im super envious of ur JL pipes.....i want very much.
Last edited by Wizz on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

15 posts, is Waggy not around here no more?
Was looking forward to seeing how that lot was going together
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

Hey everyone, been a long time since I've been on here and even longer since an update. To be honest not much was happening with the project for a while but a couple of things came together all at once just last weekend so here's some happy snaps. My brother in-law finished building a battery/electrics tray in the frame, filling in the back of the tank and putting some straps on to mount the seat and i got the engine back from my local powdercoater all done in a high temp matte black. Looks trick with the gold ottoco heads I think :)

waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

Oh and another quick update, although these pics of the rd were still taken in the house I've spent a bit of time working on the shed and I've now got a great space to work on all my toys

BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Nice garage! no one elses crap cluttering it up and plenty of new stuff to work with. nice bike lift, pot belly stove etc! you have been busy.
Engine looks schmick :-)
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

Yeah I'm really happy with how the engine and the shed have come out. Just finished pulling the triumph down, cleaning it up, getting the exhaust coated and putting it all back together so now there's room to start working on the rd on the lift

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Ohh nice shed! And, yes that engine looks amazing. lovely work waggy!
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

waggy wrote:Oh and another quick update, although these pics of the rd were still taken in the house I've spent a bit of time working on the shed and I've now got a great space to work on all my toys

A tidy desk is the sign of a sick mind - a tidy garage is plain out certifiable. :twisted:

(Lose the white hubs :evil: )
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916