RD350 Project

Post your Project Bike threads here.
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Re: RD350 Project

Post by waggy »

Don't worry it's only tidy until I start working in there lol and the hubs will be black. The white hubs were done by the previous owner who was building it as a race bike

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

That's a good Brother in Law you have there. You got the girl and the brother in law; I bet you he rides bikes, drinks like a fish and is handy around the man cave as well. 8)
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

Haha not so much, I don't think he's ever ridden a bike in his life and his idea of the perfect shed would be full of gym equipment. Knows his way around a welder though, handy having a sheety/boilermaker in the family

waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

A couple of quick snaps of what's been keeping me busy lately, I swear the camera in my phone is getting worse with every photo it takes. I put some primer on the frame to keep it from rusting while I mock things up and while we're on the topic of mocking things up I made some stands to mount it on while I get everything together. They aren't overly pretty but I'm happy with how they came out considering it's really my first attempt at metal fabrication and the first time I've tried welding too

BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I think your shocks might need re-springing
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

Haha yeah they're a little firm

waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

Got a bit of time in the shed today, just loosely hanging pipes to work out how much I could take off the pillion peg brackets without losing the exhaust mounts. Turns out not much haha

Wizz
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Wizz »

Coming along nicely. Interested to see how u go with any clearance issue's with those pipes.
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

Lookin good Waggy. Those pipes look fat! What are they again? I like the look of the header pipe section as well.. They're well tucked in, as opposed to the standard headers that poke out into the wind.

I like your stands too. I might borrow your design when I get that far.

Hey Wizz. Is that one of your bottom ends on bumtree at the moment?

Cheers,

Ged

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

The pipes are JL I'm really happy with the way they look and where they sit, can't wait to hear them haha.

Definitely make up some of those stands when you're ready, it's really handy being able to work around it without it moving and nothing getting in the way

ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

Yep, I imagine they will sound and probably go as good they look. They're very nice.

Are you building this for road or track? and are you thinking of putting a fairing on it or keeping it naked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

I'm building it for road, but I might have to get it out onto the track one day to see how it goes. I did think about a fairing at first but I'm going to keep it naked, black with a gold stripe to match the heads I reckon.

Oh and Wizz I think the clearance should be good, the height the bike is at on the stands has the centre of the axles the same height as the centre of the wheels without tires so it will have more than it looks like there when it's finished

Wizz
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Wizz »

Waggy good to hear on the clearance side of things, the JL pipes are so cool.

Ged the answer to ur question is yes, it is now sold though.
waggy
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by waggy »

Back again, hardly touched the bike for a while because I've been away in Perth for a while and we're always broke around November/December. Various regos and Christmas getting in the way of motorbike plans sucks haha. Anyway finally got back into it last night with a bit of a mock up of a gauge holder for the motogadget chronoclassic I'm using

BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Looking forward to seeing your progress, this is going to be an interesting bike :-)
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.