GT suckers?

Topics regarding Suzuki 2Strokes
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

GT suckers?

Post by jools »

Cor, it's all very RG in here eh?
Any earlier... Titan, GT, etc suckers (like me) here?
SPman

Re: GT suckers?

Post by SPman »

GT250B waiting for something to be done....
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Cooo, got my '76 GT500 running today. Needed everything flushing out and cleaning, in the end it started 3rd kick. Ran nicely. Little bit of piston slap but not too bad at all for a 'barn-find'.
It'll need comprehensive fettling, but I think she'll be a good 'un.
Needs correct headlight, gearlever, a dozen or so smaller items, I'll be sniffing around!

Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Don't see many of them around, you must feel very privileged to be the owner / rider :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Thx mate. I do feel lucky to have scored the GT. But really I've been looking for it for a some years... it wasn't just luck, it took some finding! (The few that I've seen have been way over the top pricewise). This one wasn't very cheap, but the price was was quite sane... 'handleable', and It will be good value in the long run. I'll be doing 95% of the work on it myself so won't be clocking up too many dollars on the restoration, -(mind you it's so easy to burn through a grand or so just on consumables like pads, cable, tyres, chain etc).
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

nice bike, must be fun, a 500 two stroke twin.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

My first resto was a GT380 which is a hoot to ride. I was even conceited enough to send the resto story to Motorcycle Trader and they were even more silly to run it!! I am thinking about a GT750 resto but with missing parts and stuff I am up to about $3000 on the parts bill. Throw in paint and chrome and that makes $5000 at least. But then again........
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Yup I know mate... it's always a dilemma eh? The last few bikes I've 'done' have been more 'thoroughly fettled' than restored. They end up looking pretty damn good, but far from perfect, showing some of the ravishes of time! The cost is mainly in time, and I have that now I've retired.
I guess my bikes appear more authentic than fully restored bikes, (Mind you I have nothing against concourse restos, just that I can't really come up with the dosh!!!)
Waterbuff? -Go for it mate... nothing looks like one of those with all that silky polished alloy!
Link
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Link »

I race t350 t500 and have gt380, gt 750 restored and have a few other t500s in bits. Probably not the smartest thing i ever got into but made my t500 race bike, tr spec with a home made dry clutch, race crank, barrels to my porting, cross over chambers, and just made a box swingarm as i was a bit bored last week. I have heaps of gt750 bits too pkay.Link
bottlebloke

Post by bottlebloke »

GT sucker? - yeah, that'd be me. My '76 GT750 (B?) has been patiently awaiting some TLC since the mid-80's when it was parked up while I went OS for a few years. When I retrieved it in about '87 it was locked-up - despite oil down the plug holes, covered exhausts and undercover storage...
Just joined 2SDU today, so I hoping there'll be lots of gurus on here to answer my many dumb questions :?
See you thru' the blue haze,
Ian
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Now Link baby you've got a few mouths watering... lets see a pic or two of the GT500 racer.
I recently tracked down a man who has a watercooled conversion for the GT500... now that's tempting, -(no, not telling!!!)
-Jools
Link
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Link »

Hi Jools and t500 lovers heres an old photo. Link

low res dry clutch.jpg
(137.54 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Gt185felix

Post by Gt185felix »

My little Gt185. Still work in progress.
Attachments
image.jpg
(161.41 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

Now Felix ol' mate, in that shot you're looking a little pensive.
Tell SWMBO that you're going to sell her horse float to finance another suzitwo.
That'll fix things eh?
:-)
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I can tell you why he looks sad, his beer glass is empty.
Better Idea with the horse box. Shovel the shit out of it, paint a big Suzuki stencil on each side and bolt some wheel holders inside.
Its even the right colour to go with the GT.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.