RD250 Petrol Tank

Looking for a part?
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: RD250 Petrol Tank

Post by BRG1200 »

A mate just went to a swap meet and gave me a call at about 8 this morning - managed to turn up an RZ tank and knew I was after one - top geezer. $50. Hope its workable, haven't seen it yet. You just never know whats going to turn up.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

My repair worked well considering the inside of the tank is badly pitted from over 20 years with rancid fuel inside. A cut and shut or patch is a pain in the ass to do as Jon said the metal buckles easily and can crease and sometimes you end up chasing your tail. However I would never put a liner in a tank to seal some holes only I would have to get it water tight first by welding it then the liner if needed.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

bizarre I posted a reply to this and the other RD250LC thread this morn, both are gone... :(
Bunsen308

Post by Bunsen308 »

I have a mate going to swap meet in Laidley this coming weekend so so hopefully he can find one
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

RZ tanks seem easier to find than RD LC tanks. I just got one out of the states in excellent condition for $250 delievered - I couldn't believe it didn't go for more. Thank god for eBay.

Doubt there'll be bargains at Gatton but I wish you good luck anyway.