RD 250 LC

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
casho73

Re: RD 250 LC

Post by casho73 »

Thanks Jon , I have started to destroy , but not off yet :( Ran out of time today . Bloody night shifts
Casho
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

the pins slide up/down so as long as you can trip them you can waggle an old key to turn it, else as they are brass you can sometimes strip them. good luck!
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

casho73 wrote:Thanks Jon , I have started to destroy , but not off yet :( Ran out of time today . Bloody night shifts
Casho
Once I had the screwdriver in, I just twisted it with both hands. Took some force, but the lock gave way eventually.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

yeah you were crushing the pins Jeff. they are actually flat sheet and oriented to have the thin side as the lock, so you need quite a bit of force to mash about 5mm of brass to get it thru. Defo need to trip the lock tho, it wont usually work just destroying the plastic parts. you can sometimes push and twist them as well to get them out, but beware damaging the sealing surface by lifting the opening. Its a job that demands patience and brute force LOL
casho73

Post by casho73 »

Hello Gents, cap off , 1 Hour job after night shift , tank is fine, but my patience was wearing thin by the end . There is a fair amount of loose rust inside . will need to get a camera and have a look in there . (bugger) Then its time to repair and seal the inside .
Casho
pkay
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by pkay »

Yambits has new ones, remade but look the same - I have one on my LC. Only problem is of course you end up with multiple keys