RZ Cafe Racer

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

RZ Cafe Racer

Post by Greasemeup »

Like it or hate it?

Me, I likeeee..

http://thebikeshed.cc/2014/09/01/der-kosmische-reiter/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: RZ Cafe Racer

Post by EPApolice »

:vomit: I just dont get cafe racers, isint the idae to build something.unique yet they all look the same. Matchless style tank short round seat unit and silver paint, this one is even worse using the RZ wheels. The RZ I saw on the street the other day looked way better, all black and no decals of any sort, looked like a rattle can spec paint job but suited it
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

If ever there was a bike that didnt suit this style, its the RZ... {shakes head}
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

RZ Cafe Racer

Post by Greasemeup »

I would never like to see it done to an RD but my sensibilities are a little more relaxed for the RZ.

I appreciate it as a finished bike, the detail is superb. Simply changing, say the duck tail, on an RZ and leaving the rest of the bike an RZ is more sacrilege to me than what this fella has done.

Wire wheels would be better.

I still like it :)

OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Half Arsed :twisted:

The fairing, the fairing support/mount and the tank are fucking unbelievable Image .

The rear end, the wheels and the finish on the engine, why bother Image.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Nice work.... but nah, not for me.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Greasemeup wrote:I would never like to see it done to an RD...
Of course, there have been a few but most dont work and the main reason is using the LC tank. Replace that and you might make it work if you know what youre doing.

I dont like cafe racers. I just dont see whay you would dress an 80s bike up as a 60s Triumph. It just doesnt work or fool anyone. recapture your Ace cafe yoof buy buying the right bike I say.

... but the flat tracker style is more to my liking and works better i think. One for another day I guess :oops:
Blue
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Blue »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416276980.665870.jpg
(118.99 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

I'm with EPA. I saw this one out the front of St Mary's Cathedral and thought it looked perfect!
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

That may very well be the same bike
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Blue! Did you get your bike sorted?
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

That bike is for sale on eBay for 4.5 k today..

OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

EPApolice wrote:The RZ I saw on the street the other day looked way better, all black and no decals of any sort, looked like a rattle can spec paint job but suited it
Look out Pat; I hear that Nicky has a very rusty razor and evil intentions, and Ben Shaw has a contract out on you. :twisted:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yamaha-RZ350 ... 2ed9b70eb6
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
Lowflying
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Lowflying »

Good looking cafe. I think this one is way above average, for the genre, and two stroke cafes are not that common.

Hey, Greasemeup, I wish I would have had a chance to buy a bike like yours when I bought my RZ350 a few years ago. I paid less, but I spent a lot of time and coin getting it into shape. Your bike would have been a nice shortcut to a nice bike with a good motor. I'm getting my motor rebuilt/hotrodded at the moment, and it's not gonna be cheap...

Best of luck selling yours.
If people quit riding after a crash, there'd be nobody left riding!
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Thanks, I wish I bought one that nice as well:)

Not mine though, I have seen it a couple of times on eBay, it's a slow market this time of the year.

BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

forgive me missing the point of any discussion buried in this thread, doing a touch-and-go skim read.
Cafe Racer now means something different entirely, and has become mashed in with all sorts of other 'styles', e.g. Brat seems to be dictating a lot of seat styles, but I understand that is only to do with a particular builder.
Do we like the idea that every mongo with an angle grinder is chopping up classics?
Or do we think on balance that more old bikes are getting back on the road?
I suspect most bite off more than they can chew and destroy the bike they started with, but it is bringing some skilled people into the bike world?
Also, any additional bike on the road hopefully means someone who has a vague understanding and empathy or awareness of two wheelers - hopefully thats a good thing?

IMHO, most are tasteless piles of slavish fashion, the one on here is ugly but shows big technical metalwork skills. I've just 'won' an aircooled RD400 on evilbay, someone's already hacked it about, I',ll eventually finish the job and turn it into my version of a 70's cafe racer.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.