RGVvj22 forks onto 1kt

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
skinnyhomer

RGVvj22 forks onto 1kt

Post by skinnyhomer »

Has anyone done this conversion? I need help as I have the vj22 forks, axle, guard and guard metal holder and triples. Appears the forks are to short :( silly me
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: RGVvj22 forks onto 1kt

Post by JonW »

Hi Cris, good to see you posting here.

Ive fitted these on a few bikes now, but sadly not a 1KT. When you say the forks are too short do you mean the legs or the triple tree stem? I ask as I I would be surprised if the legs were short as these fit things like the RZ, LC and other 80s / 90s bikes with no problem, but often the triple tree stem can be for many applications and needs pressing out and a longer one fitted.
skinnyhomer

Post by skinnyhomer »

Hi Jon,

vj 22 forks are 6cm shorter than 1kt forks, but it is because the 1kt handle bars are attached above the triple, so to get around it I have ordered 2inch riser handle bars.

Thank you for your reply
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Wow, you learn something new everyday, I thought the RGVs were quite a standard length. Bar risers will do the job as you say, there are some lovely ones out there, real quality if you are willing to lay out the cash, but worth it for the right set. Anyway, glad youre sorted m8.
mboddy
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by mboddy »

I have the original bars fitted below the triple clamps.
There is enough room with the original fairing.
I prefer them in this position because it helps me get more weight over the front end
which helps with stability in high speed corners with the narrow slick tyre that I use.