LC parts for sale - Updated April 2022

Got some parts to sell?
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

LC parts for sale - Updated April 2022

Post by JonW »

*** UPDATED: APRIL 2022 - many pics still show on my now dead 2smoked.com website but parts always listed here first, sometimes cheaper too ***
http://2smoked.com/For_Sale_parts_Yamah ... 350LC.html

I have a few bits of 1980 - 1982 RD LC that I don’t need or will not use in my build and Im hoping that someone here can make use of them before they end up on ebay and Im forced to send them to Botswana or somewhere equally bizarre. :/ Ordinarily I wouldn't sell them as I always wish I hadn't when I do this, hmm... but... I am trying to claw back some cash for more parts to complete my projects.

PM me for pics or to buy these. Be quick I don't have multiples of each, when they are gone they are gone...

Spare LC parts I have:

- NEW LC steel spark plug caps. In packets and never used. I have one set at $old

- Set ProX 54.25 pistons in boxes. Correct LC pistons, not RZ. Complete but missing one set of pin clips. $old

- 250 left (choke) side carb body only. 4L3 code. $75

- Rear number plate and rear light tray moulding. Has been cut down as we did back in the day, pic on my website, but retains enough to hold a plate. $75

- Angel eye headlight - The spare unit from of a pair of BL Mini aftermarket headlights. I fitted the other side to my Hybrid LC. Naturally this is brand new in box and comes with globes and wiring. $35

- NOS Chrome Headlight bezel 4L0-84315-00 in packet - $375 (when will you see another one?)

- Powdercoated black outer headlight bezel - $125

- Forks - some parts left, no stanchions. $PM Me

- LC125 rear shock. This is identical to the 250/350 unit but is about 10mm longer and will have the effect of jacking the bike up at the back a bit. Its not a massive hike, but will give you the look and handling associated with that mod. I bought this out of the UK for a project but have gone a different way. Bargain priced considering you cant find them in Aus and post is silly on shock cos of the weight. $old

- XJ550 18" rear wheel complete with cush drive and sprocket. Needs a repaint and a tweak as is a not perfectly straight on the balancer with a 1.25mm drift. This looks like an LC 350 wheel as its the same design, but is wider and makes a great upgrade. I have gone a different way on my project so selling for what I bought it for from ozzyelsie on this very forum, a snip at $old!

- Brand new JT (I think) LC (530 chain type) 15T front sprocket in packet, unopened. FYI 15 is -2 on a 250, -1 on 350. $15

- Rear sprockets - Hardly Used. 250 41T and 350 39T $20each

- Coil cover – yeah hard to find I know - SOLD

- Refurbished kickstarter - Re-zinc'd green with all new parts. see my website for details and pics. $175

- Modified LC/RZ gear levers. These have the ball part removed to be used with a much better heim joint (easily available on ebay for about $5 for either left and right handed threads). You then use the OEM rod and can drill and fit another at the crankcase or reuse the OEM. They have been silver zinc'd but are not that bright. No toe rubber, but they are still available from Yamaha for $5. Few to choose from. $25 = forum discount, they are $35 on my site

- LC 250 cylinders and head. Not pretty and will need work. Have 2 sets. $100 head, $125 for a set of cylinders

- Refurbished LC Right hand side switchgear - This was from a stash I restored for my own bikes a while back that had powder coated and re decal'd bodies, cleaned up wiring, re-zinc'd parts where needed and new parts (horn buttons, red stripe on kill switch etc) fitted as needed. Priced at about half what the new ones sell for, ie $80 for right side - last one!, other right and left switches are now all SOLD. Note these are not 'perfect', they led a life before they were refurbished and use aftermarket decals etc. I never intended to sell these as I did these for my projects but ended up with more than I needed so get my hours of work for free and grab some useable switches for cheap.

- 350 cush drive rubbers, long NLA now - these are a good set. - SOLD

- 250 front brake caliper - 2 to choose from, both are used but easily restored with cheap piston / seal kits from the likes of Yambits, norbo etc - $50 each I have a few used OEM brake lines for the 250 as well if needed, free with caliper.

- Front Axle Re-zinc'd in bright silver - $45

- Rear Axle with 250 spacer Re-zinc'd in bright silver - $OLD

- Restored 250/350 Rear brake backplate - dismantled and cleaned, blasted and powdercoated in satin black. Built up with re-zinc’d actuator and shoe springs. Original felt seal cleaned & re-lubed before re-fitting. - $sold
Note: While brake shoes are fitted, they are old and delaminating and I suggest you replace them, OEMs are cheap. They are only fitted as they hold all the parts together in one place.

- brake bar, some pitting, repainted $35

- Radiator overflow tank quite white, just needs a clean -$OLD

- Oil tank with sender - $old

- 250 brake disk bolt hole cover - $20

- Top triple clamp (good threads), powdercoated stain black, no bar clamps. Pretty hard to find now. $65

- Bottom Triple clamp, Re-zinc'd in correct green - $125

- Swingarm pin - Re-zinc'd in bright silver, dual grease nipple type (nipples needed), good thread and head - $OLD

- OEM Left Side panels. One has had a knock in the side (easy repair with heat and glue) one has he usual crack on the rear mount, but otherwise pretty good - $25 each

- Seats and bases – Have several:
1 - SEAT: cover has some ripping, not terrible and you might be able to repair but buying a new cover is better. $old
2 - BASES: choice of 2. I removed and ditched the trashed covers and old foams so you dont have to fight with them. Great for using to fit brand modern new covers and foams available on ebay and webbike etc $50

- Dash bracket – Re-zinc'd in correct green - $65

- Original (not aftermarket copy) 350 horn bracket - Re-zinc'd in correct green - $175 Yes not cheap, but less than you'd pay on ebay and not a repro etc.

- Headlight bowl OEM (now NLA and only silly NOS prices for new ones). This is really quite nice but someone has added a small hole in the top for something reason. $45.

- Assorted Headlight rubber and plastic fixings. $20 See website for pic.

- Front indicator stems - OEM not copies, clean and green, ready to use - One very dark green (NOS but not in packet) $65 and one rezinc'd (lighter green than NOS one $45

- LC rear cowl, OEM paint so not messed with. Needs a bit of work, small chunk missing (easy fix) - $SOLD May have others, PM me.

- LC/RZ flasher timer unit (for the time/distance calculation to run the auto-off indicators) - $25

- Footrest hangers - cleaned, blasted, sanded and part polished for you to complete for the level of polish you need on your bike (some like them bright, others less so ie more OEM look). One set available $125/set

- Flywheel - has 3 leg puller damage - $25

- 250 Exhausts - As Ive now sorted pipes for my 350 I will also start to let some of my 250 pipes go, come first and you get to pick the best ones, all have some damage, but some are worse than others. Priced on condition of course. Come and pick what you want.

All plus post and can do pics as needed... This stuff will slowly find itself onto my website and then ebay, so grab it before I put it on there and up the price to cover the selling fees, fees of post and paypal fees... yeah, lots of fees and the extra fee for the ebay idiots LOL!
Last edited by JonW on Tue May 24, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Thommo
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Re: LC parts for sale

Post by Thommo »

lotsa goodies there. put a hold on the sidestand for me. I'll have a look see at my frame tomorrow and see if i'll take any other bits off your hands Jon.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

no worries Thommo, tis yours. Will do pics of what you need, lemme know.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

looking for the swingarm sleevebush thingy (I suspect it also fits a contemperaneous DT250).
bizarrely looking for a shock top bolt.
carb rubbers (airbox snorkel to carbs).
LC triple clamps, top and bottom. Got an LC project with the wrong clamps, its wearing 31k clamps and I've cannibalised my RZR forks onto it but the RZR is making more progress now....
Would love those barrels but my avarice outpaces my finances :?
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Yeah, you and I are looking for a bunch of the same stuff i think... I bought new shock bolst for norbo actually, cheap enough in SS at 13quid. I do have a top triple, but not the bottom so not much use really, sorry.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

OK, thanks anyway John. I'll contact Norbo. He's world famous. Not bad for a bloke with a hobby that got out of control!
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Few more bits added...

I also have some RZ parts I will list in another post...
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

The quest for parts for my 350 build means that I've recently acquired more LC parts and have pretty much a whole bike for sale, so doubles of the parts above and some extras like headlight ears, plus some uglier parts than those above which are a bit cheaper, ie a dirty swingarm etc. The wheels are better on this one and im told they run true, I will check that. I also have clocks, OEM headlight (sadly the rim is rashed but the Koyo light is great), 250 front brake setup, front indicator arms and lots more. I do not have a wiring loom, but do have CDI and coil. There is a set of forks that need new stanchions and a bunch of other bits n bobs.

And as I know people will ask... the frame and matching number engine are spoken for.

As Ive now sorted pipes for my 350 I will also start to let some of my 250 pipes go, come first and you get to pick the best ones, all have some damage, but some are worse than others.

Biggest point to note: I will start to list this stuff on ebay for more money (to cover the extra costs) so please if you want something be quick and contact me before I put it up there.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

PM sent
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Cylinders and head now sold on ebay, and a few more parts added here...