The Future, get use to it!!!

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMjsAMlXGBI

There a complete readjustment of reference points isn't there. They put a siren on the car so the spectators know you are coming (at speed). But the driver also has to adjust. It looked almost boring sitting there ;point and shoot'. No dramatic urgency from a screaming straining engine - just wurr whooooshhhh smiley: happy
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Future, get use to it!!!

Post by hybrid »

It's just missing a big part of the excitement. Feels surgical.. clinical.
Not for me.

Happily, I'll either be dead or too old before we're forced to drive/ride these horrible machines.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

hybrid wrote:It's just missing a big part of the excitement. Feels surgical.. clinical.
Not for me.
I agree, but I think you might get addicted once you adjusted your reference points - that steady surging seamless torque would come pretty addictive I reckon.

But, but, but, the speed. When it delivers that type of speed I reckon you'll get hooked. You'll probably wonder around the pits sounding like ya father reminiscing 'ah, its not as good as in my day - oh!! the noise, the smell of methanol.........'
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
mboddy
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by mboddy »

We love our electric car.
I do my bit to promote it by leaving all the dinosaur burners for dead off the lights.
That is my excuse!

Waiting until can I buy an electric van with 800km range to transport three motorcycles to events.

The future will be great!
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

After driving a hybrid Camry around I love what the next generation of electric vehicles will do. I'm going to love that you will be able to power your car/bike/van/whatever from solar panels on your house for nix. Electric racing will be great the track owner will have to pay for the fuel.

What ruined Pikes Peak is tarring the road, a electric engine would have a massive advantage going up there
rgvmad

Post by rgvmad »

Im for it.... Love the Zero class at the IOMTT .
I would rather listen to NOTHING but brakes and Tires than listen to a 4 stroke any day. Great for tin tops, Moms taxi's postie van etc etc..
Take a down hill road Luge for a spin and tell me its doesnt get you heart pumping .
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3PDoGQc4BY

"This package delivers a top speed of 160 km/h (99 mph) and a maximum range of 160 km (99 mi), while a full recharge takes 8 hours. " should be good enough toi get to and from work.

But at $72,500US I wonder why they bothered. :?
rgvmad

Post by rgvmad »

Is anyone watching the formula E championship.. I like the induction noise and hearing the brakes and tires working . 35 laps top speed 230kmh drivers have to manage tires and battery life . IMO i like it.
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

Watched FE a few times, was let down by the fact they change cars half way through :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rgvmad

Post by rgvmad »

Greasemeup wrote:Watched FE a few times, was let down by the fact they change cars half way through :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You must feel robbed watching a flag to flag dry/wet race in motogp because they change bikes also.
It is only early days in FE .
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

rgvmad wrote: You must feel robbed watching a flag to flag dry/wet race in motogp because they change bikes also.
I do :cry:
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Sounds like I'm the last of the redneck cavemen.

I hate hybrids, and I watched about 10 mins of formula E before I got bored and turned it off.
I like the smell, the sound and the feel of real engines... and I like fiddling with them.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

hybrid wrote:Sounds like I'm the last of the redneck cavemen.

I hate hybrids, and I watched about 10 mins of formula E before I got bored and turned it off.
I like the smell, the sound and the feel of real engines... and I like fiddling with them.
Gee, I thought I was old and had 'issues'; You're a dinosaur. :twisted:
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Funny thing is, I'm probably one of the youngest here!

Sent via Tapatalk
rgvmad

Post by rgvmad »

hybrid wrote:Funny thing is, I'm probably one of the youngest here!

Sent via Tapatalk
Admit it... You dont know jack about electronics so your all old fart and anti because you dont want to understand it.. :wink: :lol: