Explain This To The Wife......

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Explain This To The Wife......

Post by OzzyElsie »

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Explain This To The Wife......

Post by hybrid »

The team should be able to tell from the data if it was stuck on or not.
Seems a weird place to crash though if it wasn't something like that.

Although they don't show much of the lead up in those vids.
What position were they when he crashed?

I doubt the wife is going to let him ride again :lol:
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

hybrid wrote:The team should be able to tell from the data if it was stuck on or not.
Seems a weird place to crash though if it wasn't something like that.
I think the throttle didn't close as expected (delay) or didn't close completely. It looks like a front end lose for carrying
too much speed into the corner.

(It is really strange that it has been admitted that it was a mechanical fault. I wonder was it Casey admitting or Honda. Normally they blame something innocuous like a flat tyre. (But then the noise of the exhaust may have made the innocuous impracticable - if not to the spectators some know-it-all nosy jurnos do sneaky things like sound analysis especially if there was a rumor or suspicion.)
hybrid wrote:What position were they when he crashed?
1st
hybrid wrote:I doubt the wife is going to let him ride again :lol:
I don't know how much direct pressure she applied but she (and the family) was a major reason he quit.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Lots of people saying they could hear it bouncing off the limiter before the crash.

Sent via Tapatalk
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

"Honda Racing Corporation has carried out a detailed analysis following the crash of Casey Stoner in last weekend’s Suzuka 8 Hours. " Casey (and wife) will be pleased :twisted:

"Checking the throttle, which is a particular specification for endurance HRC factory bikes and different from the standard throttle used on the Honda CBR1000RR road version, a malfunction was discovered related to the throttle cable." I told you they would beg off and not blame their engineering. When you are caught out this is second best. :roll: .

http://www.cycleonline.com.au/2015/07/2 ... lfunction/