Sooner, Smoother, Stronger.

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Sooner, Smoother, Stronger.

Post by OzzyElsie »

"Sooner, Smoother, Stronger." that's the promise. :D

Are these a Good Thing - I just bought some new on EvilPay - $150.

I'm not 100% sure how 'll use them, and it might be a while before I fire it up to find out :( - the price was right and the PayPal full :P .

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sooner, Smoother, Stronger.

Post by hybrid »

They look fancy anyway.
What do they fit?
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

JonW wrote:Great price! They look like Banshee/RZ to me... Did he have any more?
Yeah they are Banshee. They were a private one off sale. Apparently he got them for a Banshee project that got abandoned :wink: .
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

Yes..they are a great improvement.. I have used them on rz, banshee, tzr and dt200l.. throttle responce is improved greatly..they give the power a "fuller" feeling.. and very smooth..like going from round slides to powerjet carbs..
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

twinrock wrote:Yes..they are a great improvement.. I have used them on rz, banshee, tzr and dt200l.. throttle responce is improved greatly..they give the power a "fuller" feeling.. and very smooth..like going from round slides to powerjet carbs..
Good to hear. I thought that the hype and promise fitted with the theory as I knew it. The multiple reeds give multiple tips where even a small flex will give more air movement.

I also picked up a set of Roberts chambers a little while ago ($250 on evilPay). I know little about them but over time I've heard the Roberts name mentioned as a respected 2t tuner. And they 'look right'; tapered head, fat belly and a decent sized muffler.

Now I have to work out how I'll used them. It is tempting to whack them on the resto but I might resist that. Another project with the 'left overs' 8O :? :roll: maybe :twisted: .

So many projects, so little time (and money :oops: )
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

Hey mate rick roberts was a pipe builder for 20 to 30 yrs based in sydney..I got to know him quite well he was a very cool cat.he built pipes for everything 2 stroke from mx singles 500 4s tripples and altralite planes.. they were built to the owners application ie street or full race spec, they were great quality and always fittedbthe bike perfectly..he built pipes for my mito350 as well as my tzr reverce cylinder.. man turn around was about 4 days ..incredibly efficient..he retired about 8yrs ago building 2t pipes
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

This is his handy work..........

They has some 'street cred' done to them but pretty straight. :P

They seem to be a good gauge of steel and some thorough detail - lovely welds :Clap: . I haven't offered them upo yet but they were described as LC.