Sale or swap ;-) RZ250 83 to 85 model petrol tank

Looking for a part?
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Sale or swap ;-) RZ250 83 to 85 model petrol tank

Post by BRG1200 »

Having had limited luck in finding a "water tight" petrol tank for one of these bikes which doesn't look like it's lost a fight with a burly drunk, I have a new concept, swapsies. Just bagged what I believe to be a pre-coffin RD round tank, in really good condition. Would like to swap it for something that'll go on any one of my carport rescue cases, 83, 84 and 85 RZ's.
I'll try to post some pics up later, have photobucket account, haven't really tried to use it yet, and I'm a shocking Luddite with electronics.
Can text or email pics.

Being a community of decent chaps the honest account of the tank is as follows :
The round tank I've got is locked (why are they always pigging locked) but shows no signs of blistering or rust and the cap dribbles copious clean two stroke when tipped over (might need a new seal on that ho ho) so prospects for a nice oily interior are good.
Has the nice enamel YAMAHA badges on it. Cap has nice chrome so I don't want to blooter away at it with a screwdriver, any 1970's lock picking tips gratefully received ;-)
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Sale or swap ;-) RZ250 83 to 85 model petrol tank

Post by JonW »

PB is easy to use, get the 'your bucket' page and the top left is a place to drag your pics, then just copy the IMG tags and paste em here... simples :)