Cafe Racer Epic Fails

Post your Project Bike threads here.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: Cafe Racer Epic Fails

Post by JonW »

I remember that trike, cool looking but deadly, some had fast motors as well.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Anyone notice the other bare frame in the background?
Someone get round there and sort him out.....
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Someone on Norbos forum mentioned that he was a member there, so maybe hes a fan?
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

I eventually checked the listing, just out of curiosity and he's an RD wrecker. Got some nice bits I want too!
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by twinrock »

I think the prob is..its hard for real motorcycle enthusiasts not to take it personal..for alot of pple bikes a 90% form and the rest function.. whether its a hipster on a single 4t 250cc or a guy on the latest gsxr600 neither can ride or knows anything about the workings of the machine but the image is what they want..I have always modified my bikes.I suspect some may hate what I have done..but I do enjoy it more then just riding a stock impersonal one and beauty is in the eye of the beholder..however im also a big fan of resort fullness.. bikes i have modified were made from bikes brought back from the dead..the funniest comment I heard from a mate was "hey you shoukd check out the motorcycle cafe the have a 2 stroke done cafe racer style.." well I did check it out..on display was a fully race set up rd400..lol
Um no..this "is" a real performance race bike..
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

Form over function TR. exactly the point.

A mate of mine has long reckoned the changing point was A Flock Of Seagulls in 198?.... The thin end of the wedge. It was the first modern instance of form being more important than function. It was all about the haircuts, not about the music.

http://youtu.be/iIpfWORQWhU

It's been a steady decline ever since.

Hopefully, when enough people have fallen off their crossplys, the pendulum will swing back the other way. :)
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

"The ugliest band of 1986" I think they were voted... probably by Smash Hits readers.
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

JonW wrote:"The ugliest band of 1986" I think they were voted... probably by Smash Hits readers.
Thin end of the wedge I tell ya....

Isn't a cafe racer I know, but still I'd throw a leg over this.

ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

Sorry Jake..... Ticks all my EF boxes.

I think he was hallucinating when he dreamt up those chambers. Whoa......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Yamaha-Rd3 ... 1557155913

JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

OMFG!

how wide are those pipe runs, burnt thighs anyone? And FFS dont brake hard... you'll slide forwards and rip yer nuts clean off on the tank mounts!

...it even has a wood dashboard, must have been an off cut from the seat.... And... wtf if that suicide shift all about...

I know Jake puts his faith in the man upstairs judging by his handle, but this is a safe enough repair? I think not...

I can see Jakes reality... and why he's selling... Sitting on a plank of hard wood with burning legs at traffic lights he then clonks that (hateful) shifter into gear and he peels away.... Girls just stare, grannies point and roll their eyes and grown men smirk... all not in a good way... wtf...! its wore than (capital H) Horrible....
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

ged wrote:
Isn't a cafe racer I know, but still I'd throw a leg over this.

Interesting bike... this looks a lot like the LC flat tracker style bike that was built a few years back, same colours etc. I loved that bike, but this one doesnt quite have its cache for me, however I also would ride it as Id love to see what the thing went and handled like. I dont know if I would give it house room, but its certainly not as bad looking as some.

This is the LC I was talking about, looks fun to me...

ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

JonW wrote:

I can see Jakes reality... and why he's selling... Sitting on a plank of hard wood with burning legs at traffic lights he then clonks that (hateful) shifter into gear and he peels away.... Girls just stare, grannies point and roll their eyes and grown men smirk... all not in a good way... wtf...! its wore than (capital H) Horrible....
Hahaha

It's serious isn't it?

I think Jake should fix the brakes and keep it. He deserves it.

I've got a soft spot for Bully's.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I agree, no way should you make (im not saying 'build' for that thing) something like that and then let someone else ride it, its just not on. Scrap it or keep it....
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I can't even bring myself to look at the ebay ad.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's