lc bottom end..any condition

Looking for a part?
twinrock
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

lc bottom end..any condition

Post by twinrock »

Im after an lc bottom end..condition not too much of an issue as long as its all there..as I will rebuild it
Link
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: lc bottom end..any condition

Post by Link »

complete 350 one on ebay $3.50 1 day to go type rd350
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Watched it end and it sold for $361... went from $9 to that in last 20 secs of course. Probably a bargain for the 350 cyls alone, and it still had bottom end, carbs and attendant wiring etc... downside is that its located in Dubbo, pickup only.

So, did you get it Justin?
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

$361 apparently.
No real description with the motor, though it was an early 350LC, with usual chain damage.
Looked like a YPVS right hand crank case - didn't know they were a straight swap.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Buggy motor though, much abuse and no idea of internal condition, bit of a gamble.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Looks like we posted at the same time D, must have both watched it end LOL

Yes it has been in a Kart, buggy or similar, that pipe setup wont make much power and of course proves the application, he would have been better removing that when selling I reckon as I felt like you that it had been abused once I saw that, no engine likes double the weight its designed for and backwoods exhaust engineering. :/

Yes the YPVS clutch cover fits the older LC with no mods. Giveaway was the oil pump cover of course, these days a hard to find item itself in decent nick, which that one could have been from the (not so great) pics.

Defo had chain damage and no mention of pics of engine number, so no idea on what it originated at.

Agree it was a gamble, but its got a good layer of dust on it which makes me think someone stored it for a while, obviously thinking it would come in handy, you dont do that with junk, even if you have a big shed. :)

Would I have bid on it.... yes, I was ready to, Ive been watching it since it first popped up on the bay. I wasnt bidding that much tho as I would need a 9 hours drive to pick it up. I think it was a gamble I would take for about half that price since it has the 350 cyls/head and I expect the 4L0 carbs, but equally could have a blown crank scoring well used 66.5mm (the most they can take) bores and running a dodgy home tune, so i was being a bit careful. Those would be worth the drive, the bottom end would have been good for spares, same with the electrics and everyone loves the flywheel cover, even with the damage to the top mount.

Ahh well, no bargain for me, but hopefully someone got it who will use it :)
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Yup, I was bidding, sitting on the crapper at work in my "personal office", only place you can do anything in private round here. Also useful if the excitement proves too much ;-)
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

LOL, but you didnt win I guess... and what would your pickup costs be i wonder?!
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Clearly didn't win, would have had to make an arrangement. It's the 21st century, there's always an alternative to dragging your ox cart door to door
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I think I have a couple of bottom ends. Or maybe just one and a couple of sets of 350 barrels.
Is the gearbox the same as RZ?
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Youre sitting on a goldmine Jeff if youve sets of 350 barrels lying around... sets of higher bores (needing rebore) sell for 350+ now, more for low bores and more again based on condition, you just dont see anyone selling any now. Last set of ebay were the ones I sold for 350 (65.3mm bore, needing rebore, no head), they sold fast and had a lot of watchers.
wacko

Post by wacko »

HI All
I can help you out here.
have a couple of bottom ends they will need rebuld.
all have about 3 to 4 sets of barrels and rolling frame LC with RZ front end, plus three sets of LC cases.
will post photo's next day or so
cheers
Rod
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Rod, plenty of interest for those engine parts here for sure.

Im interested in the frame / roller depending on where you are located.
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

twinrock wrote:Im after an lc bottom end..condition not too much of an issue as long as its all there..as I will rebuild it
Justin I have one here,has alittle case damage near the rotor.Gears need a clean up no or side covers crank though.Basically just cases with gears & clutch basket etc
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Rod, whereabouts are you?