MotoGP Malaysia....

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MotoGP Malaysia....

Post by hybrid »

Angry Rossi fans are a thing of beauty :lol:
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

hybrid wrote:Angry Rossi fans are a thing of beauty :lol:
Hahaha. I don't really call myself a fan, but if I've gotta pick a side, then go the Italians!

(I should own up about now that I've had 11 Alfas, 5 Ducatis, Vespas, Fiats and on and on..... Haven't owned any Spanish stuff).
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Do the Spanish actually make anything? They are too busy having afternoon naps.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

VR has Form....

Post by OzzyElsie »

VR has form.....

https://www.facebook.com/danilo.cicalon ... 308346844/

If you remember, the FIM not enforcing rules and FIM and Dorna playing favourites (the Politics) is one of the reasons Casey listed for retiring. I'm sure Casey was remembering cases like this and the Corkscrew.

Talking of Laguna Seca, that is an example of VR doing exactly what MM did - get in their face and hold them up, piss them off. VR thought that was his greatest race handing CS a lesson in tactics - CS was livid - turned his back on VR offered handshake and didn't talk to him. They were friendly rivals to that point, and avowed enemies afterwards. A lot like VR and MM at the mo methinks.

What is good for the goose is obviously good for the gander as far as VR is concerned. And don't tell me the difference was the championship position. At that level they play to win. If they don't Play To Win, their team. their sponsor or the manufacturer will get someone who will.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

ged wrote: Rossi will do him again if he tries it on.
Forewarned is forearmed.

Surprise was the main element at Sepang. If VR was to do anything like that this time the reaction of any rider will be different.

As I said, it will be interesting to see if there is any discernible difference in behaviour as VR comes through the field. I know in the past the likes of Crutchlow and others have immediately and aggressively gone back at VR if he put the pass on.

They may not know who is behind them (but they will sense the presence and have a shrewd guess by the timing, the blue flags and speed at which the bike behind closed up on them) but they will definitely know as soon as the blue and slime green is in the corner of their eye. If they yield, hold they line or immediately come back at him will be the interest.
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

The Riot Act deliver with kid gloves;.......

It doesn't say as much but I think this is the message given at a closed Riders Meeting on Thursday.

FIM MotoGP World Championship – Statement from the Permanent Bureau

Please find below the statement issued by the Permanent Bureau during the meeting with the MotoGP riders at the Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana

First and foremost, sport must prevail. This Sunday is the last race of the year, and it is sport that needs to win.

We are proud of the magnificent races you have given us this year. They continue to foster interest in our championship all around the world. We also want to thank you for that.

Over the past days, there have unfortunately been some controversies that have surpassed the limits of a healthy passion and, on occasions, logic itself. You have millions of followers all around the world. They watch and admire your achievements on the track. And they also listen closely to what you say.

What you do and say, could have consequences that are not in keeping with the noble values of our sport.

In the name of the Permanent Bureau, the FIM and the promoter, Dorna, I would like to remind you that we are the only sporting organisation in the world that draws up its regulations for one of its flagship Championships with the agreement of all parties. That is the role of the Grand Prix Commission, where the FIM, Dorna, MSMA and IRTA are all represented. We know that the rules can always be improved, and having said that, I repeat that every change will be made with the consent of those concerned. In addition to the GP Commission, we have also set up the Safety Commission, in which riders are consulted on a regular basis about safety issues. Here too we are pioneers in the world of motor sport.

Once again, we want you to be aware that we intend to pursue our policy of keeping the doors open in order to hear your opinions and to allow you to contribute to making this great Championship even better. We would like to emphasise, that for next year, some changes will be made to prevent this from happening again.

We also want to remind you of the values of our sport: exemplarity, fair play, sportsmanship and courtesy. Our officials will be vigilant in observing the fair play and sporting behaviour of every one of you and will be very strict with any infringement of our sporting rules.

We must remember that we organise and practise sport at the professional level, not only because it is entertaining and extraordinary but to showcase the values we believe in. The next race will be broadcast live and followed by a very large number of spectators. We therefore have ahead of us a golden opportunity to demonstrate to the world the highest values of our sport, and in so doing, to set a great example. We would also like to assure everybody that this weekend we will pay even more attention to what occurs on the track for the benefit of the sport.

Thank you all and have a good race!

http://www.mcnews.com.au/fim-statement- ... nt-bureau/
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

VR Best Shoot at the Championship.

Post by OzzyElsie »

VR's best shot at the Championship. :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txSBbZT ... e=youtu.be
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

The Riot Act indeed.

But I bet all the assurances and good intentions in the world will go straight out the window if last fortnights circumstances are repeated.

It's interesting (but fruitless yet) trying to read between the lines in that statement. Im curious to see what new rules they come up with for next year. Punting people off the track is already pretty illegal, but deliberately impeding some one isn't?

Time will tell.
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: VR has Form....

Post by ged »

OzzyElsie wrote:VR has form.....

https://www.facebook.com/danilo.cicalon ... 308346844/

If you remember, the FIM not enforcing rules and FIM and Dorna playing favourites (the Politics) is one of the reasons Casey listed for retiring. I'm sure Casey was remembering cases like this and the Corkscrew.
He might have been talking about Dorna lifting its age restrictions 2 years ago when Marquez was too young to move up to MotoGP too? But your probably right, he hates Rossi with a vengeance and fair enough, Rossi gave him hell as he has with anyone who has competed with him for any of those 9 world titles. That's the nature of it.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

ged wrote: Punting people off the track is already pretty illegal, but deliberately impeding some one isn't?
That's the way I read it too.
Someone like Marquez could be removed from the situation before Rossi brings out his ninja skills another time.

I can see MotoGP going back to the boring procession that it was for a few years there.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

ged wrote: Punting people off the track is already pretty illegal, but deliberately impeding some one isn't?
That's the argument. Rossi says he didn't intend to bring MM down - that was an accident. VR says he only intended to run him wide so he could out accelerate MM down the straight and effect a get away/break (implying he could then pick up pace to close with his rival).

From there develops two schools of thought/argument, with lotsa variations in between.

One side of the argument says that what VR did was illegal because it was deliberate and not a racing line. The fact that he did or didn't intend to bring MM down is inconsequential. (Which is the same in criminal law; to offer assault or to threat murder is treated the same as the actual assault or murder (conditions apply)).

The other argument to "deliberately impede" the other competitor with defensive lines and defensive tactics is legit (staying the right side of dangerous riding of course - which this skated pretty close to being). And that is what some on the other side of the argument are saying it was.

Whose right and whose wrong depends on proving intent. And good luck with that because you have to get quotes before or after or get inside their heads.

And then there is the moral argument that some like to cite (and thus mud the waters); VR was competing for a championship, MM was competing for position. This is definitely in the PR HR arena and not in the FIM rules. My view is first this is racing and morals don't come into it, and secondly, whilst that might be applied at Gentleman Racer club or even regional level it is not what is expected by anyone (other than prima donnas and their fanboys) at the professional level.

You can watch it again but I don't think VR had too much to whinge about. This is just close hard professional racing - just what the crowd been baying for and what Dorna been working towards with control tyres and such regs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzcRvyHOZHw

Man up Val and grow a pair :twisted: .

Just one little cat nap to go :D , ya gotta be fresh for the event ya know :P
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

This conversation/saga will continue - its gunna be controversial :twisted: .
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

What happened to the 3 point penalty for Rossi?
What makes me laugh now is the Rossi corner were saying last week that Marquez should stay out of it and not race the guys going for the championship and today they are crying that Marquez did stay out of it and didn't race the guys going for the championship.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, and they were complaining that Marc was helping Lorenzo.
I'm just waiting for them to complain that Petrucci just about ran off the track trying to make it easy for Rossi to get through. He lost a place to Smith in the process :roll:

Edit:
EPApolice wrote:What happened to the 3 point penalty for Rossi?
Those points went on his racing license, which is what caused him to have to start from the rear of the grid (accumulation of points). He wasn't losing championship points.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

I smell a rat, a Spanish rat :evil:

There is no question that HL is a great rider and was the fastest rider this season (once he got his shit together) and deserves the championship. But I still don't think that was an honest contest at the front of the field, that was a Spanish conspiracy. Spoken or not, organised or not, it looked too contrived - especially in the last 3-5 laps.

But ya gotta give it to Rossi. For all the tech, all the money, for all the talent, that race would have been as exciting as watching dog poo turn white if it wasn't for VR coming through. A great rider, a great racer and a great personality - its a pity about his Prima Dona my shit don't stink attitude and his recent melt downs.