MotoGP Malaysia....

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MotoGP Malaysia....

Post by hybrid »

I've heard people (Rossi fans mostly) talking of Marc being over committed, but I'm not sure I subscribe to that. Rossi had one thing on his mind in that corner, and he slowed considerably to make it happen.
Marc wouldn't have been expecting it, so he would have been on the brakes much harder than he originally thought. The wider he went to miss Rossi, the further Rossi came out.

And if Marc really was over committed, Rossi could have just kept riding normally instead of being a wanker and he may have had enough gap to be able to press on.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

Maybe he should have been expecting it. I certainly was.Rossi had been screaming at him for most of the previous lap to F*** Off.

I'm no Rossi fan boy and his actions were plain wrong (very Italian, but wrong) but Marquez 's little game was just as unsporting.

Lorenzo didn't do himself any favours either with his post race critique. All George had to do was shut up, but didn't have it in him either.

It turns out that the Pedrobot didn't just take the silverware, but he should have gotten a little trophy for being the only true sportsman of the day.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

If you haven't already read it, here is a long and interesting commentary of the Roosi/Marquez rivalry by the excellent and informed David Emmet at MotoMatters.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/1 ... who_h.html
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Who Let the Lawyers Out, woof, woof.....

Post by OzzyElsie »

"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

If this plot thickens any further, it will need jack hammering by the time we get to Valencia. It's hilarious.

I'm all for seeing Rossi racing for the title and letting the dogs sort it out later. If that changes the championship standings later on next year, then so be it.

I suspect PI and Sepang will both look dull if he does start from the front in Spain. Bring it on.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

That's BS if they allow it to happen.
The whole point of what he did being so stupid, was that he had a championship on the line and he should have known better.

The annoying part of this is - what he is asking for he knows will take a long time. He wants his penalty suspended until this appeal is heard. If they allow that to happen, the penalty is meaningless after the championship is decided.

Marquez doesn't have the benefit of getting any points back or changing the outcome. Why should Rossi? Because he has a championship on the line? That's all the more reason he should have thought about the idiocy he was about to partake in.
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

ALL of Rossi's titles have been won with a significant points advantage (45 being the closest) only other tight title chase was 2006. For someone who was supposed to be a master of mind games the outburst and brain explosion on the track were the stuff that 11yr olds make. His pants were on fire when he was saying he didn't kick out at Marquez, it is not a huge step after your running someone into the gravel trap. At no stage ever did Rossi take the corner only after Marquez crashed did he turn.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/lap-times-look ... movements/

Just to show the bullshit about being "held up" and say other riders should stay out of championship fights we have this from Motegi 2010. Lorenzo had a 56pt lead in the championship. Blamed Lorenzo for falling off and breaking his leg? Dirty because it was Lorenzo's first MotoGP title?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16f7k ... si-lorenzo

Lorenzo made a right tool of himself on the podium, whole thing and the sad way some fans are carrying on has been a blight on the sport.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Good article Lozza.
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

Only a few more sleeps.....

What's the general consensus? I reckon Rossi has got nearly buckleys at the CAS, but gee, I'd like to see him start from the front! That'd be the best way to end the season, and Dorna know it. They'd have billions tuning in for the final round showdown. Or not.

The politics that must be going on behind the scenes here must be mind boggling! I can't wait for that story to come out.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

CAS is only interested in process - was it fair, was process known and followed etc etc. - VR got Buckley's, and he probably knows it. It is more an attempted at mind games, muddy the waters, stir up emotions.

Even from the back of the field VR has a very good chance. JL basically has to win. Anything less than 25 points and it gets easier and easier for VR.

JL's greatest obstacles are DP and MM - and I wouldn't bet against either of them, especially DP - he's on a roll and his confidence is up (and he is a confidence rider - if DP believes he has the best bike, with the best tyre and best best best of everything, he is hard to beat. Put the seed of doubt in his mind and......).

And then there is the Dukes.

I reckon VR in the top 6 is likely, even from the back of the grid. JL top three is likely. JL winning is unlikely, VR World Champ most likely (and I think he is a spoilt conniving turd who deserves to be punted into the bushes).

And then there is the weather :twisted: .
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

It's going to be interesting no matter what.
And I reckon viewer numbers will be up even if he has to start from the back, because it will be entertaining to watch him take no prisoners on the way through.

That's if he can resist playing silly buggers with anyone who might want to try and "race" him.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

Here's another page on it.
Lots of different riders having their say.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/10/27/wh ... ntroversy/
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

I'm going to predict MM will get a bad start or run wide early in the race, recover, then dice with VR as he comes through and hold him back in 10-15th . Do it all again. Keep in the rules and piss VR off - just because he can. If that doesn't physically hold back VR or it will upset him, get inside his head, force a mistake.

He's got nothing to lose. Black flagged after costing VR 10 seconds - game over MM wins. MM tells Repsol and Honda he is preparing the ground for next year - a good valid excuse/reason. :twisted: .

That's what I would do :twisted: :twisted:
ged
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ged »

I'm pretty sure his mums told him to stay out of trouble this week.

And you watch, Rossi will do him again if he tries it on. He's got virtually nothing to lose now either.

Can't wait.