couldn't resist. rz250

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: couldn't resist. rz250

Post by gman »

L.B. I thought you owned a rz250 and i was wondering if you would chime in. Comments from you and Jon W makes me feel like i'm chatting to my old mates from the rz forum.
Good news I stripped the carbs this afternoon and replaced the 170 main jets with 220"s the bike was instantly transformed. revving through the rev range. I searched around again and found 250 mains, now the bikes a rocket. It pulls hard right through to 10g without any sign of signing of. Very impressed considering it's running the factory chambers. My Tzr has been put on notice. I reccon the main will be close to spot on. i will do some plug chop.
Thanks for the heads up and safety message in regards to the clip on's, does this mean i also shouldn't smoke whilst changing jets?? did you notice the 68 yl3 borrowed clutch lever?
The bike could have been presented allot better to sell. no clutch lever. no spring on side stand but was in the spares box. bird shit on the tank, no air in the tires. Not being able to ride the bike around the block gave me more leverage in negotiating the price. I said to the miss;s this bloke is not very good at selling bikes. She said i wasn't either because i only seem to buy them.
There is still some tidying up like the clip on locating bolts and a full check over of all bolts and adjustments, like chain and power valve cables. . I bought a new battery but forgot terminals, although this evening the lights all seemed to burn bright and stable with the eliminator still in use.
This bike was set up for the track, there are race securing wires on all the appropriate bolts. The bike has a r6 rear shock the same as my other rz. The fork tubes through the triple clamp is yet to be assesed as to it's merrits.
I was aware of the boysen port in the 250 cylinders but i though it was done on the 1xg's, now L.B's let the cat out of the bag. I do have a spare right side 31k 350 cylinder and if anyone has a spare left i'd convert to a 350. Although.
Thing is i have a matching numbers red white and blue 31k 350 which i hope to restore to factory original. Then i have my daily ride 84 red and black that has a different engine number 31k engine which has had allot of port work and chambers to suite. I wanted another rz to stroke and big bore and i thought this 250 would be the one for that. Now i think i will leave this bike original 250 as i have never seen another and this one is in faily decent condition, all be it tricked up to go faster.
Hmmm. do i need to buy another rz to big bore and stroke?? Is there any cure to this desease??
Last edited by gman on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Mate, you need another one....
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Haha, superb! sounds like you need another one, but if you have a spare bottom end, then why not build a big bore motor on that and then fit it to any bike in your fleet that you fancy, or where you thinking of chassis upgrades as well?

Love the exchange with the mrs, mine would have said much the same. Too funny.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

gman wrote: Is there any cure to this desease??
Its called 'death' - not to be recommended 8O
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
Lindstrom

Post by Lindstrom »

[emoji120] hope I don't get the bug lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

Lindstrom wrote:[emoji120] hope I don't get the bug lol :)

Lindy, you sound like a female lurker - whose shoulder are you looking over, who are you checking on :twisted: .
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics." - George Fitch Atlanta Constitution, 1916
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

Think iv'e foiled this one ozzyelsie. Keith the gig is up. buy a yamaha 2 stroke bike and you can comment (does own a 2hp yamaha 2 stroke outboard). Keith's my to funny mate from work. he hear's about yammy 2 strokes all day week in week out from me. he can quote more part numbers then most. he also hijacket a sale of a ford 9 inch diff i had on e bay, sending questions. asked if it was for a datsun 120y. played me like the guys of dumb and dumber 2. Any way when i met Keith he had a honda xr600 in his garage (caught on fire, honda rubbish) and hadn't ridden on the road for years. 2 years working with me he's now owned 2 yamaha road bikes. current bike is a 2007 fz1 schreemer that i chose for him over a mt09. Don't worry he'll be smokin it up on a 2 banga before he know's whats hit him. he's ridden my 350 and tzr . I'm giving him a ride on the rz250r this weekend.
Last edited by gman on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

Keith say hello to your wife Linda 4 me.
Lindstrom

Post by Lindstrom »

Lol gman Sounds like fun times at work but I'm a newbie here just dragged a Rs250 02 outta the dust from my garage recently it's still at the shop getting a work over cant wait to get on it lol.

gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

sorry about that lindstrom. Rs250 hey, very nice bikes and worth big money now. Post some pictures when it's back on the road.
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

BRG1200 wrote:Mate, you need another one....
You are right BRG. I found another one.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Excellent. It is our duty to collect them all. We must deny them to the Unbelievers.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

You need another one...
gman
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by gman »

I'm with you on that BRG. I have been offered another 83 but i allready have one. I would like an 86 f2. The Yamaha gods seem to provide when i'm in need.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Farkinell, wish they would for me, the bargains seem to turn up when I'm skint, or some git slips in before me!
Whats the goss on the 83? Do they ship to Adelaide? ;-)